Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Jimtune's Race KP61 starlet

Banned

Wink Jimtune's Race KP61 starlet

Hey there Im Jamie,
    Glad I found a new club with a passion for the 4AGE,

Just thought id share some details about my car.
    I have had this one for 12 years and its been through several builds over the years.
    Started with a TRD 4K upright engine then some years later was converted to a Atlantic spec 4AGE and N2 TRD wide body kit etc.
    Now in the process of updating the engine to TRD fuel injection!!
    Youtube link

Here's the basic spec as it was a few weeks ago before I started the fuel injection mods.
    Powerplant -
    4AGE Atlantic spec, TRD 42mm Carrillo rods, TRD 12:1 comp pistons, polished knife edged crank, TRD oil-pump gears, ARP bolts, ground out block, bored with torque plate, custom wet sump with gates, TRD 0.80mm Head gasket, TRD Big valve head, TRD shim under conversion, TRD 11mm lift cams, Jimtune type adjustable cam sprockets, Brellium copper valve seats, 5 angle seats, flowed ports, remote mount oil filter, Mocal oil cooler, braded lines, 30psi oil pressure switch, custom engine mounts to lower engine, 48mm dellorto carbs with alloy ram tubes, redline fuel pressure adjuster, Griffin alloy radiator, custom Dizzy and Ignitor system, 12mm Plug leads.

Gearbox -
    Quaiffe close ratio, 5speed, dog-engagement box, with gear selector switches, 1st and reverse lockout, short shift kit, AP racing 2 plate clutch, 4340 steel flywheel 3.2kg. 1G reduction starter.

Rear Suspension -
    Fully rose jointed, adjustable Equal length 4 link with Anti squat, Watt's linkage, Custom adjustable rear sway bar, Proma star 8 way shocks with eibach springs , shortened Toyota corona diff housing, 2 way TRD LSD, TRD 4:6 ratio C&P, AE86 disk brake set-up with carbon metallic pads, Wheelbase lengthened 50mm at rear, Braded brake lines.

Front Suspension -
    Fully rose jointed, strengthened, shortened struts with custom Bilstein shocks, wilwood 4 piston callipers, carbon metallic pads, custom TRD type adjustable bottom arms, 19mm TRD adjustable sway bar, adjustable castor arms, alloy correction blocks, 2.5 turn Quaiffe quick-rack, adjustable steering arms for bump steer, 2.5" 450Lbs springs on adjustable platforms, T3 rose jointed top mounts with camber correction, 3 way strut brace, Braded brake lines, Wheelbase lengthened 30mm at front.

Rolling Stock -
    Custom made 15" X 8" F15 Simmons 3piece wheels, Kumho race tyres, and Toyo RA1s.
    Or Haliday Racing 15" x 8.5" 3 piece wheels with Dunlop slicks

Interior -
    Sparco Pro seat with lateral brace, Willan 6-point 3" camlock harness, Momo Corse 320mm steering wheel, lengthened steering shaft with quick release hub, Icom pit to car radio, Plumped in fire extinguisher system with 3 nozzles and 2 pull cables, electrical system with circuit breakers, Launch control and full throttle gearshift, Revlimiter, air/fuel meter, gear indicator, Tilton adjuster for peddle box, custom battery mount, Defi gauges with controller in a carbon dash panel.

Exterior -
    Fully stripped, seam welded in 312Hi Tensile Stainless steel, 12 point roll cage welded into car and on suspension pick up points, lightened rear hatch, lightened doors, lightened shell, fibreglass TRD N2 Type guards and front spoiler, fibreglass bonnet, jimtune Carbon rear wing, polycarbonate 3mm windows, 80lt plastic fuel cell with 2 pickups, 3 hi-volume fuel pumps operating 2 systems, 2lt fuel swirl pot.
    Last edited by jimtune; 3rd April 2010 at 11:35 PM.

Name
    Brendan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

this thing is nuts!! love it man... good to see a few KP's popping up around here!!
    MY JZX83 (clicky)
    My Beams Powered AE86 SOLD (clicky)

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer View Post
    Too bad im in the same town as dr1ft-p1g im pretty sure his mx83 is the coolest.

Name
    Paul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

that one very sxcy 4age
    2 in the pink 1 in the stink

Name
    Davey & Riki-lee
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

Goof proper build! very nice sounds good love the 'leading wet race' getting abit side ways haha skylines are shit too
    R&D Mechanical, Seaford SA - please visit www.rdmechanicalshop.com
    Our introduction - Click here

Name
    Todd
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

holy moley.
    one serious little starlet.

keeping the NA dream alive! i like this alot.

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

no matter what words i put into this post i won't be able to describe awesomeness, so i'll leave with this,,,, WOW!

Banned

Thanks for the kind comments!

Over the past few weeks I have been fitting the new TRD throttle bodies, fuel pumps and new fuel lines etc.
    Just have to sort what ECU I plan to use any one got experience with Haltech?

Cheers
    Jamie

Name
    Dim
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

only in NZ.

Name
    Andy
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

i have a haltech e8 on my racecar and i find it to be reasonably good, but it gets a bit of signal interference at idle with the factory reluctor type sensors. what sort of power does your motor make?
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by slide86 View Post
    I will however take take the water from the washer bottle posted to a boat in the southern pacific....express please

Name
    Justin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

If your in New Zealand get a Link G4 they are a awesome ECU and you have the knowledge that you have great support in Christchurch.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast