Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: FT86 now being aimed at old people??

Name
    Ry
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

^^ Whaaaat?
    Whilst in my personal oppinion I think Subaru's are for 30 year old's that want to pick up 16 year olds, they are really not that bad of a car.
    The boxter engine is actually pretty damn good for what it is. If it wasn't, wouldn't Subaru engineers change their design like 30 years ago?
    They sound gayer than aids, but this can be fixed with offset extractors. And if 40 year old VW beetles can make 200rwhp reliably naturally aspirated using an outdated design, then a mildy tuned boxter would kick serious assss.
    P.S have you been in/ driven a new Subaru? Build quality is excellent and they handle impeccably.
    Link to 200rwhp bug:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobxxx View Post
    I will legitimately drive nude...

Name
    Ryan
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

yeah i have. i worked at a subaru dealership for 6 years. my last day was friday. now i have a job at toyota. my last job was to fix a rattle on a brand new car all they do is rattle the interior quality wouldnt be any better than the latest hyundai's actually a hyundai would be better quality by now. iv had to pull full interiors out chasing rattles that are in the body not just in the plastics and this last one looked like it had been in a crash cos nothing lined up and it only had 2000ks on it and never been in a crash. and almost every forester built 2000 onwards needs headgaskets replaced cos they leak externally around the lower water gallerys. every new sohc impreza and forester needs about 10 different software downloads to recitfy all the software faults and lights that keep comming on, and to keep the engine from over reving between gearchanges and idling properly, they are a loud engine with horrible reasonating issues, lack power and jerk around all the time. subaru fit tiny batterys that go flat because the control moduels keep talking to eachother for 10minutes after you turn it off. they have just gone down hill in my opinion compared to the 90's. we just have so many complaints these days and its easy to see why. i dont like the boxer engine in stock form, yeah its a good engine if you pulled it down and built it for a race car or something old like a VW but in stock form they arent nice compared to something toyota can offer. why didnt they change their design? because thats what they are selling thats what they have put all their money into: AWD and boxer engines, they are selling to a certain people and people are buying them thats why they keep doing it doesnt mean they are the best car im forever hearing people saying i wish i had kept my old subaru this one is worse. and the new diesel is rank loud tractor slug and compared to other diesels out there is way behind and a H6 3.6 people are only getting 300ks to a tank out of their new tribecas thats just crap for a new car.

Name
    Paul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

right on the money .....also kids will be drivin a box with wheels and have to use leg power as a motor
    2 in the pink 1 in the stink

Name
    Ry
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Weeeowww.
    Seeing as you supposedly worked at Subaru for 6 years, I'm going to say that I'm way over my head in this discussion. If what you say is true then I wholeheartedly agree with you
    Atleast you're at Toyota now... Fixing their problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobxxx View Post
    I will legitimately drive nude...

Banned

this is every manufacturer in the world. no one makes a perfect car. there are problems with everything and customers are just getting more picky.

Name
    Dimitri
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

the boxer engine is a bit of a bummer. its platform sharing though, basically, it is the only way the FT86 was ever going to happen.

funny thing is though, there will be AWD and turbo cars built on this platform. which will be kinda odd i think... the FT off to the side, rear drive only, and NA. it might end up being the ugly duckling, or at least the less sister.
    78's

Stern but now fucked off...
    Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

The "rumble" aside, I still don't understand why people are so bummed about these things having a boxer motor.

They make decent power and there are plenty of upgrades available (including 2.5 litre variants) they have a low center of gravity, they are easy enough to work on.

I revert to my previous statement that those bagging boxers out have never owned one for long enough to enjoy the way they drive...

But meh, best of both worlds for me, when the FT86 comes out, I get a Toyota wuth a Subaru motor

Banned

im going to put an ls2 in mine....

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

saw another version in a mag yesterday. FT86F (?) 300ps (220hp) and im failry sure it was still NA. had some different aero and shit. cant help but feel its a bit half arsed but oh well better then nothing.

Gday fella's

As an old man i can say back in the 70 when we where doing cars up they where simple, cams, heads, extractor and triple su's, webers or if you where poor stromies. But we did the work all our selves and we could back them get away with every thing, providing it wasn't to loud. Back then the police had sensitive hearing and where allergic to noise. Most of the time the cops wanted to know what you had under the bonnet, rta didn't give a shit.

If you got a defect you either had to take it back to the cop shop to have it removed or if it was multiple defects you went to the pits. If you were real smart you turned up at 10 to 4 and they just pulled it off so they could go home in a hurry. Datsun and holden were all an every thing unless you were into valiants, 4s and 6s in the 70's as v8 didn't com into the picture till the 80's

Today you can't get away with zip, 2x and you get tagged mmmm life becomes crappy. But technology rolls on and at 51 im trying to keep educated with ecu ect, ect. I have a project the last one i will do in my time . it was a carbie job now its injected fuel/water/meth and getting a s/c and it 2.2lt my way. By the way i bought my first water injection kit in 1974 and i can tell you the benifit as when you injected a clunker it went harder, then after 12mth pull the head off, dam looks brand new (no carbon = less heat =better combustion ect) sheilas loved it boys and their toys. Nowadays you water/meth (50/50) you cant tell its even working, old dato's, holdens an fords are still about 30 n 40yrs later, the thin sheeted shit today is only good for 3yrs then toss it an get another one

You young fellas are smart, thats how i've been getting educated, back in the 70s you would have been bloody rocket scientists. Anyway had my say keep chatn, i will keep learning, back then we used to say "go hard or go home"

4rcruza

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast