Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Apple iPad Discussion Thread

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Annnd with that, I'm done posting on this thread - gets me too worked up.

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Name
    Novak
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Did you even read my post?

I have used Mac's a lot, I have had to fix Macs for users that have broken them, I have even given them a go and the facts are they are overpriced, inflexible and buggy. Its not hate, as much as the realisation that they are not in anyway easier to use and not as flexible as a PC. No matter how people go on about how good they are and how reliable they are, I have the proof that they are not infallible like apple fanatics go on about them.

They may be a little easier not to stuff up because they are locked down so much (which is unix more than OSX and Windows 7 has had a crack beter admin rights management and seems to work) but in the end Mac's less secure, driver/software support is sketchy at best and you are locked in to the H/W apple suggest, which is normally out of date before they even hit the shelves begging the question why they are over priced?

Also there are much better phones out there than the iPhone such as the HTC desire as they give you all the flexibility you need, no proprietary headaches like flash and itunes, and it performs everything you want as standard, without needing to jailbreak your phone. And there are new Android phones like this coming out all the time so soon apple store will not be touted as the best.

The iPad follows apples trend, just make it look good and maximise profits by bringing a new version out every 3 months and force everyone to upgrade so they get the options that they wanted in the first place. For instance they couldn't even get wireless working on it properly, and their fix is for you to turn off your one of the bands in your wireless router ... what a joke.

I will say one good thing about apple. They do use very good screens, they do look very good and I rate them very highly...however thats where the praise ends.

A little research and a little less buying into the hype and marketing and you will realise that apple products are really just like overpriced ricer cars; sure they look nice with your scissor doors and 10k paint job plus the chicks love climbing over the hektic 12" subs installed in the passenger foot well, but really, if you had done a bit of research you probably wouldn't have bought an excel.

Um, isn't that what you have been doing this whole time, defending something you don't even have to the point that it is making you angry??? Maybe you should actually use the product before defending it so emphatically?? If you actually do have one or used one for a long period of time, it sounds like you are as deluded as Steve Conroy is about the Internet Filter being beneficial. I think it is time to just admit that your theory of apple products is totally incorrect / misguided and move on
    --- All your base are belong to Phil Bradshaw!!! ---
    `
    <<< blog >>> build thread<<<

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I read your post loud and clear 'n00bvak', I just don't agree with any of your points on the account of using my computer/phone for the last 4 years and having none of the above stated issues. I'm not going to pick through your post and retaliate because it would be pointless on so many levels.

Cheers

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

you mentioned that you have had programs crash.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Rarely and very unspectacularly.
    Which are not the same terms I'd use to describe my years of windows crashes.

Name
    Sam
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

thats because they are using pc hardware and software based on a pc operating system (unix). If their own OS9 was so good why did they dump it.
    Last edited by Sam-Q; 10th June 2010 at 10:51 PM.
    My website: SQ Engineering - 4AGE and 3SGE upgrade/replacement parts

- SQ Engineering on facebook -

Please e-mail to contact me instead of sending a private message on here.

Stern but now fucked off...
    Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

lol @ apple fanboys

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

From the shit ive been through with ipods and their shit software as well as i tunes complete retardedness in the way it operates i.e not allowing songs to be transferred back into the library, its like Apple are making their own niche and screwing the user over with each new product that they produce.

The first iphone couldnt even send picture messages. Are you kidding? Nokia have been doing that for years, that is BASIC stuff. But of course the next update model has that feature so people who dont know better realise and have to fork out for the new stuff.

Every apple product seems to be compatible with everything apple, nothing else, kind of locking you in to buying their product which makes it a a self created monopoly really .
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

The reason you can't transfer stuff back off an ipod is because itunes is not only a media player, it's a music store. They have to make it so that you can't use your ipod to transfer stuff back to computers so that you don't basically steal the music. Legally, itunes wouldn't exist if they didn't make it difficult for you to steal music.

I have the first iphone, and you're right that it originally couldn't send MMS messages when it first came out.
    What you probably don't realize is that when they brought out the 3g model, they sent a big software update out for the 2g ones (like mine) which brought it up to the 3g software specs, and that included MMS messaging, copy and paste ability, and all the other added functionality bits and pieces that the 3g has. Likewise when the 3gs came out, I also got all the software functionality of that firmware as well. Now that the OS4 is going to be out soon, most of the added functionality will be added to firmware updates for the older models. The 3gs gets pretty much everything, the 3g gets most of it (can't have multitask due to slower processor etc).

So basically mine is the oldest model - didn't even come out in Aus, and it has all the same software features of the 3g AND the 3gs models, because they made the OS updates backwards compatible. It's part of the reason why I like my iphone so much. It's still up to date and 'current' in terms of features after 4 years.
    My motorola razr never had anything like that - when they brought out a new phone with better software it was tough titties if you had an old one, you had to buy the new one.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast