Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i thought this may have taken longer!

not bad for $120.

wonder if it has a usb port...
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

it obviously has flash and looks like it has a usb on the bottom right towards the middle. Better screen res and 16:9 instead of 4:3.

the iPad was beaten 7 years ago, some companies just hype the crap out of their products

i dont see the point in a tablet pc at all, whether it be a microsoft courier or a hp slate or ipad.

Only thing i could see that might be good is like restraunt situations where meals can be ordered, or if your an evaluator of a house or something and you walk around making notes of things, or to use it as a diary. But then the ipad cant accept stylus imput with letter recognition,
    its too expensive to trust to such duties and is too expensive to use as a diary.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

that fake one doesn't have 16:9 aspect, more like 4:3 or maaaybe 3:2. if you've seen a fake iphone you'll see how gay the copies are in comparison.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

hp slate has been cancelled or at least put on the back burner, and the microsoft courier has been scrapped. Christ there's a lot of infactual information in this thread. The anti-apple bandwagon having a book burning again? Someone should post a picture of an alienware laptop and you can all masturbate to it. haha

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I'v used it. It's not a laptop replacement a such - It was never designed to be. So all the guys going on about how it doesn't have this and doesn't have that are the kind of people should probably stop and leave the thread. It's a luxury item - you don't need one in the same way that you don't need to collect sneakers or put bigger turbo's on cars etc. You buy it because either you can see how it may make your life easier or you buy it because you think it's cool. Face it - 90% of electronics are like that. To be honest, if you had a desktop computer and wanted a portable computer for media consumption only (desktop can handle media creation) and don't like any of the netbooks (as I and many others don't) the ipad is a great choice. Similarly people who don't know how to use comptuters well and just want to pick up a slim and small device and use the internet, send emails and do social networking shit.

It seems to be really really nice for media consumption - being all the social media networks and sites, looking at/displaying and storing photos, music playing, video playing (probably especially in regards to travel - because it's very thin, very light, has a 11.5+ battery life which has been independently tested, and has a very very nice screen - much better than most netbooks)
    All the standard iphone OS apps have been very much re-worked - calender/photo/ipod all revamped and very very well designed. Didn't get to play with safari because the stores wifi wasn't connected and they sold their allocation of 3g models in the first hour of release. Pages (word), keynote (powerpoint) and numbers (excel) are all really great for media consumption - for instance receiving docs in email and looking through them, or using as a portable powerpoint display etc etc. I was particularly impressed by keynote - seems to be very very well designed. Can't print from pages unfortunately BUT there are already 3rd party printing apps via wifi/bluetooth. Besides that - Jobs himself has said that wireless printing will come soon natively for ipad: . All the iphone wireless print apps work on the ipad too:

The book application is really good - books are really natural looking and everything is very adjustable.
    review here:

Device itself is really well made - real aluminum, typical apple solidity and super tight build.
    The onscreen keyboard is loads easier to use than phone touchscreen keyboards - and I'd say personally it's slightly easier to use than the netbook keyboards which are scaled down and squished. Though in saying that, it's still no where near as good as a real keyboard. I'd call it a decent compromise - note that you can buy an apple keyboard for the ipad as well.

As for cool uses - my interpretation is that the device starts off as a basic platform. It's pretty expandable - eg:

AirDisplay - allows ipad to be used as secondary monitor.

Sketchbook Pro - epic drawing/painting program. Utilized layers like photoshop. Companies are making drawing stylus's for the program as well - looks like they work really well.

with stylus:
    better finger drawing demo:

Remote desktop capability -

Box - Is like having an osx finder or windows explorer directory for the ipad - something which some people bitch about with the iphone OS, unbeknown to them that you can actually have one. It's free too.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Also people should know that the latest word on the apple rumor mill is that apple is working on a more powerful version of the ipad that will run and OS either the same as or very similar to OSX.

That's what I'd spend my money on personally.

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Im not anti apple, but i used an ipad and its shit, and has fuck all features.

It seems like an Itunes purchasing hub for superseeded games

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

the base features are exactly that, there are a LOT of applications available for them, and that equates to a lot of expansion. I think the essence though, as I said, is just as a media consumption device. I can personally see why people would buy it just to get home from work and hop on facebook and the internet on it, it's somewhat more 'fuss-free' than a laptop for those sorts of things.

Flicking through stuff, pinching and swiping is very natural and I think the fact that it's sort of interactive appeals to a lot of people.

Banned

pwned

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast