Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Apple iPad Discussion Thread

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Official figures are sitting at 2 million iPads sold in the US in under 60 days

Haha... all the naysayers and anti-apple bandwagoners that go on about how bad the ipad is are the ones that lose really, as apple gains massive traction in the personal computer market, and netbook sales decline dramatically..

eg:

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

lets go that is data from one website,

do proper research, not what you want to read.

Then why are you comparing sales to netbooks?
    What is it designed to be?
    Media consumption, like online video, which is all flash based and cant be viewed.
    Storying photos, without a firewire or usb plug, using a usb cord to transfer is tedious at best, not to mention 64gig isnt going to do a great deal. I have had my camera for under a year and have over that.
    Music playing? not really the greatest thing, im not going to carry around something 10 inches in size to play music. Not to mention you cant even use it to play music while you are doing something else on it.
    Watching videos? everything has to be synced from itunes, and the video must be purchased from apple, you cant merely convert using handbrake and sync on, all the video you will be watching WILL be purchased. Which for me would throw over 1tb of move and tv down the toilet.
    The very nice screen you refer to is not even 16:9 resolution (it is 4:3) which will either cut down what your watching, or shrink it down and lose quality.
    You say the quality of the screen is better than most netbooks, most netbooks cost half as much as an iPad, the netbooks that cost the same have 16:9 and 1080p, neither of which the iPad has.

Why would you want to be able to read through documents and emails and sit there and view power points without being able to readily make changes.
    When I do uni assignments, I type at over 80wpm, frequently run excel word, one note, power point and adobe pdf reader all side by side. The ipad would have to close each program
    and open up another just to quickly check something on the criteria sheet or the likes. Not to mention cant play music in the background while doing so, and even if it could I have over 30gig of music on my netbook. Leaves 30gig free for other jive which is sweet dick all.
    You can buy a dickload of books for 900 dollars. The kindle is available for under 200, so you can buy a kindle and a decent netbook for under half the price of a ipad.
    Oh and you can also go buy an ipod touch and still have change.
    bullshit statement of the year, you used it for 5 mins in a shop while it was laying flat down on a table and you were standing looking down over the top of it, if you were sitting on a chair it would scoot all over your lap and shit, if you held it you would only have one hand. If you sat down at a table and put it down it would hurt your hands and feel stupid. I can type over 80wpm on my netbook. You keep saying its not a replacement for laptops yet you keep making direct comparisons. The purchaseable keyboard costs 90 dollars, and completely ruins any advantage a iPad MIGHT have over a netbook in portability. Which is zero, as it takes up the same amount of room in a bag as a netbook.
    You call it a decent compromise, to what? a phone? why should a tablet keyboard be compared to a phone keyboard? if its inferior to what your comparing it to, a note book, then its inferior.
    My netbook cost 300 dollars, and it has a great keyboard. The top of the line netbooks that are cheaper than the ipad have even better keyboards. Not to mention the other features that leave them for dead.
    this here is 440 dollars

It is the same size, weighs LESS, is slightly thicker and will outdo the iPad in every respect, my nb has gone over the 10 hour battery point many times, I wouldn't be surprised if it did 11 hours. Thats multitasking with music playing and the screen relatively bright.
    Did i mention its half the price?

All things that netbooks come with standard, so much so they wouldn't even bother to list them as abilities in a spec sheet.

How is a netbook a pain to do any form of internet stuff?
    the iPad doesnt have flash, so every one of the social net working sites will have to be an app that will need to be opened and closed to operate in.
    My netbook I can open up firefox and go bang bang bang and have 5 tabs open with each site I want to visit and be done with each within 10 seconds.
    The ipad will take ALOT longer.

I know where my money would (and has) go, and the people im going to continue laughing at.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

heres some more info to show you how good they are at
    "media consumption"
    which is another name for
    "lack of ability"

Name
    Sam
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I know it's not meant to be like a newbook but shit no USB? is that true? if so what kind of dumb shit is that. Sub $100 mobiles even have them.
    My website: SQ Engineering - 4AGE and 3SGE upgrade/replacement parts

- SQ Engineering on facebook -

Please e-mail to contact me instead of sending a private message on here.

Name
    Mick
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

They will release a version with USB next year, it will be 'new and improved', cost just as much as the current one and retards will still buy it.
    They have been doing the same thing with the iPhone for years.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I'm really not keen to continue petty fights but you do realise that the iphone has had 2 Versions in Aus in a period of like 3 years right? The second version only had faster hardware. And through the models they offered firmware updates to upgrade the older model phones to the same software specs as the newer phones. My 4 year old iphone 2g got a software upgrade with added features when the 3g came out, and then I got the copy and paste, voice recorder etc etc added features when the 3gs came out too.

Everytime other manufacturers bring out a new phone they don't send out firmware upgrades to the old models to bring features up the new one...

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I couldn't care less what you say really about the device really, I've used it and I know what I think about it. if you don't like it, don't buy it - just the same as any other tech out there. It's quite weird how obsessively anti-apple you are.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

thats because their phones wouldnt have missed such obvious features in the first place.

im not anti apple, im against stupid marketing and people buying into what they dont know.
    I wouldnt use it cause I dont give a crap, when I go into harvey norman or something I dont test every single lap top they have in there,
    i dont go play the ps3 and the wii display, walk over to the desktops and test every monitor. And I care about those things more than I
    do about the iPad.

To you it might be the next big thing, to me its a blown up ipod touch with crappy UI.

Like I said in my other post,
    when this was released

was there people going nuts and hyping it up, was jimny fallon talking about it for 45 minutes on his show,

did they publish inter company letters on their website?

its all just childish bull crap.

research how many people are selling them second hand.

in regards to your google search, again bending statistics,
    your post would be the same as me saying mac overheating problems, but i didnt, i said ipad problems,

search this

and you will see there arnt really any problems, i can see one or two driver issues which is easy fixed.

my phoen has been superceeded yet still receives firmware upgrades on a regular basis.

its not a question of why im anti apple, its more a question of why you act as though anybody saying something bad about steve jobs is like disrespecting your father, or why any body whiffs anything against an apple and you have 101 excuses or reasons why you should put up with it.

like any phone just chucks a feature on, apple cant do that, they will call it like fox read and make a huge issue about it.

the fine line between buying a good product, and being so warped you will convince yourself before steve jobs even has a chance.

you say my apple damage control thing was bullshit, prove me wrong and test it for yourself.

go to their tech support forums and make a topic saying these exact points.

Title - iPad problems

Body - make something up like when you turn it on the screen flickers on and off even when plugged in.
    Or that when you turn it on a single white apple logo appears in the middle even when fully charged and plugged in and you have tried vairous hard resets etc and nothing is working.

I guarantee your topic will be missing in the morning.

It happened to me like 5 times with my ipod problems, some moderators kept cleaning any listed faults that wernt user error.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

from the same site you quotes earlier but you must have skipped over it.

im anti bullshit, and apple is bullshit, all the stuff they market, all the hype they generate, all the people that would rather die than admit a fault with their computer.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

you cant go on about it, then say you dont care you have used it and im "anti apple" for thinking its a stupid device.

defend to the death -> get disproven -> seek moral high ground.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast