Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Apple iPad Discussion Thread

Name
    Mick
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Not a great deal considering their population as a whole. Not to mention Americans aren't known to be smart with money (global financial crisis), and their love for shiny, useless objects.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Thats where you are wrong, it's not wasting my money at all, if I buy something it's because it suits what I'm going to be use it for. I don't understand how you have such trouble comprehending it.

I bought an apple computer because of the constant trouble I had with windows OS. Wether you like it or not, I had issue after niggle after issue with all my windows machines - to the point where it affected my productivity with it, and my whole family can attest to that, as well as my girlfriend. Don't think that you know better than that, because that would be extremely arrogant. Make no assumptions for situations in which you do not know.
    I don't actually need to justify all this to you, because no matter what I say you'll just brush it off as me not being able to use computers, or using the wrong ones, or not setting them up properly etc etc, all of which would be false assumptions.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

dont forget the ipad is the type of product where sales will decline, taking into account how many people pre bought it.

like for instance, pre buying the ipad, other companies you cant pre buy stuff.

walk into joyce mayne, "i would like to pre buy the netbook thats all hyped up and comming out in 4 months time"

part of this would be to get sales figures i feel.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Extrapolating current sales into a years worth, it's half of all combines companies netbooks sold, from one company. If you don't think that's a significant amount you need to go to business school. CEO of toshiba has already stated he expects his companies netbook sales to suffer because of the ipad.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

in words, describe to me an issue that you had with windows.

in relation to this, i think its suffice to say that i know more about apple computers, than you know about windows computers.

i do know that everything you did with your windows was a reactive measure and never a preventative measure.
    im not talking about anti virus software or something.

like i know bryce used to download a shitload of dodgey shit all the time.

all your computers faults were before your photography, at which point in time your computers surfed the web, played games, and processed some documents. for you to say i dont know how things went wrong, there was nothing to go wrong, so if it did, one makes assumptions.

my pcs have done an extraordinary amount of things over a long period of time, ive never had any failures, only problem i have had in my family is tht grans acer lap top power plug got all loose and stopped working and the replacement part was too expensive to justify replacement.

all my other computers worked for around 3 or 4 years and were just replaced cause we either needed another computer, they were just too old for modern use or dad just wanted to splash out for the family.

there are so many variables compared to the 2 you are choosing to use, which are pc vs mac.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Iphone sales didn't decline, they actually grew. It's quite possible the ipad will follow that trend.

And you're once again wrong, you certainly CAN pre-order other companies stuff:
    Toshiba netbook pre-order:
    Toshiba Phone pre-order:
    Nokia Phone:

Another thing you try to twist into anti-apple agenda.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

except for your apple computer you asked me to fix for you the other day

you said it would be arrogant to say i knew more, you just did when clearly you dont.

its not a bragging contests, its just you think i know less of what you do than i actually do.

its suffice to say if you knew what you were doing you wouldn't have had those issues.
    in the same way you wouldnt have your programs freezing on your mac,
    which is more difficult according to your claims of macs abilities.

and a good worker never blames his tools.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

haha okay dude. I asked you to fix a problem in windows, not osx.
    Last edited by letsgohunting; 3rd June 2010 at 09:10 AM.

Veteran
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for the 1st hand response there letsgohunting

next time im in JBhifi ill check it out.

edit: this post was in response to a few posts back i think....think i skipped a stack of posts....or something...
    Last edited by ke70dave; 3rd June 2010 at 10:13 AM.
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

Banned

whoa too much to read. lets just come to the conclusion that it is a novelty with still alotta of cool apps ect. i wont own one but i wouldnt say no if i was given one and they must have some sorta entertainment value as they are selling like hotcakes. If you want one then go buy one and if you don't want one then move along people

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast