Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Apple iPad Discussion Thread

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Yeah I would agree from my play with one - they're a luxury item for people who like gadgets.

Banned

Beally you are a common hater, you know absolutely nothing of apple at all however I will agree with you. Ipad is completely pointless and the lack of flash is killing exactly what it was designed for, media consumption and web browsing.

Mac computers on the other hand win and always will win. Windows is a piece of shit and anyone who actually thinks it's better than osx has never used a mac for an extended period of time. Don't even try to bring pc gaming into this as a mac is perfectly capable of playing the same games as any pc, it's just that there arent many third party game developers who are going to bother making games for a platform that holds ten percent of the market. If pc fags got bill gates devil dick out of their mouth for one second they would be able to see this and go buy a mac.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i play games on my x box, have not a single issue with windows.

justify to me why i should go spend an extra thousand dollars just to have osx?
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Josh Curwen, 26/02/1987-26/10/2008, the world is a lesser place without you, you will be missed little Fox, game on..........

Quote Originally Posted by 7shades
    If traction and articulation won't get you there, speed and stupidity will
    Member of the Leaf Sprung Axle Trampers Club

Click me for epic jump video I is used the force.......

Veteran
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

hahah well played toy-yoda.

ive never had any major dramas with windows. the ppl that do have dramas dont know how to use it or download to many naughty videos and images. or visit lots of dodgy websites.

keep the drivers up to date, dont do anythign stupid, dont fill it up with junk and keep an eye on what you are installing as "extras" with programs (ie that bloody google toolbar!) and windows runs perfectly fine.

im sure OSX does as well. its a preference thing.

though i have a feeling osx is a bit more "dumbed down" (for lack of a better word) so people cant stuff with it, and thus it appears to run "better". but in realty they just dont have the privlidges to stuff it up not saying that is bad, if it does what you want to do then thats all you need.
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

Banned

To avoid using the buggy purposely poorly programmed so users have to buy new computers or reformat their junk every two months operating system that is windows at all costs.

No but really I can't think of that many reasons other than multimedia creation. How many Recording or animation studios have you heard of that use $300 toshiba laptops or even windows for that matter? It's far too unstable of an operating system and one crash could potentially lose everything. As someone who uses computers for multimedia creation I am not about to let that happen.

iTunes is no more bloaty then the windows registry, everytime you even access a file a second version is created. Without adequate registry scanners, spyware/malware, virus protection, firewalls etc etc a windows based pc will get slower and slower the more you use it.

I too owned a toshiba laptop for close to 6 years not a single problem with the hardware until a month ago when I dropped it and it stopped working altogether, won't even boot up now. I did however have numerous probLems with windows. Linux is a possibility and while it's ok for freeware it's certainly not osx.

In conclusion a mac is worth it because they don't use ms dos blue screen, registry clogging, malware seeking windows.
    Last edited by Chaos Theory; 3rd June 2010 at 02:45 PM.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

If you have to ask than you shouldn't spend the extra. As I said, everyone has different uses and needs.
    I personally think gaming consoles are a gratituous waste of money and time, but I also understand that a lot of people love them. Vive et alteros vivere permitte (live and let live)

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

remote camera control with ipad during space shuttle launch.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

things would have been adapted to use the ipad, not the ipad making that possible.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

As far as I can tell there's nothing adapted to it, it's just running a remote desktop/ftp camera control application. The hardware is all on the camera side - wifi transmitter/modem etc. The ipad use is purely software based.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast