Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

re reception, i had a strange feeling this was going to happen,
    happened with the ipad as well. Its been known for years I assumed apple would have gotten around it in one way or another but appears not.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Travis
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

It does have an equalizer
    You can forward messages
    My speaker is just fine, hold it to your ear
    To call someone you just have to hit it one more time to call, its not that hard
    I agree with quiet ringtones, or they're just really loud message tones
    You can set a song as your ringtone, the only pain is you cant do it straight on the phone

Name
    Ayden
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I'm about to buy a new phone and was waiting for the new iphone announcement to be made at the beginning of the month and then I would decide if I was finally getting an iphone or an Android phone, so i've been reading countless blogs and reviews. It just seems that no one is really impressed with the iphone 4 and it seems that there only just saying the good things about it BECAUSE its an iphone which is what annoys me. If any other company brought out a phone with those specs and tried to proclaim that it was the greatest innovation ever it would be completely panned. I would understand it if it was marketed as a mid range phone but its not.

I completely agree that they have done a great job making a smartphone user friendly to majority of users but I don't really think that, that is enough anymore to be at the top like it was when the original was released. I'm not just dissing it because its an Apple product, I just bought a macbook pro in December and I'll never go back to windows.

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

All of this, but the ONE thing I hate the most about numbers is...

Someone asks me to forward them a number.

Then I get a call saying I never got it? Only iphones dont accept business cards or whatever they are.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

meh - same with all touchscreen phones. tbh I've never used speed dial on any of my phones anyway

neither do the htc evo 4g have dedicated call buttons etc - it's because it's a true touchscreen phone. neither bad nor good, just different.

Call quality isn't top of the heap (nokias are always good here - and motos) but it's probably better than average. Certainly better than the blackberry storm we had for a few days. it's easily loud enough, never had the issue you speak of

Can make custom ringtones from mp3 when you sync it in itunes from - and not just from mp3 - any file format.

disagree with many key presses - for instance most phones are menu based when you have to go into a menu to change stuff, iphone isn't menu based. in fact it doesn't even have any keys, which makes it less effort.

meh - never had or needed to delete single calls off the list. Good feature if you're into cheating on your bf/gf though I spose haha

you certainly can forward text messages

you certainly can attach more than 1 file to an email

It does have an equalizer for it's ipod application, with 23 included presets.
    Last edited by letsgohunting; 24th June 2010 at 10:05 PM.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

ipad wifi update is coming apparently. note it's actually only a small percentage of them that have the issue. prob points to old routers etc instead of device problems

Name
    Mick
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

My Blackberry touchscreen phone circa 2008 can do everything on that list. A friend of mine got an iPhone 3G the same time I got mine, and apart from the app/game selection mine pretty much killed his feature-wise.
    About that Gizmodo article, has it been confirmed that holding it does affect the reception/3g speed? or does it just change how much reception the phone thinks it is getting.

Name
    Gavin
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

cool. my mom had a blackberry storm for about 3 days. worst phone I've ever used. My old nokia brick I had when I was 15 was a significantly more polished phone. I don't mean that in an argumentative way - just IMO.
    Last edited by letsgohunting; 24th June 2010 at 11:48 PM.

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

3g and wifi are two different receptions

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

also apple products are notorious for being very picky with routers and stuff,

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast