Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: hi evryone

Talking hi evryone

hi everyone, so after doing abit of searching around i came across this forum!
    love the pics/info/members cars etc

not sure if this is where i should post this thread but neways i figured coz im from melb, it might as well be in the melb thread ! (mods feel free to move it if need be)

i currently own a xr6t n i love it as far as going straight goes, however we all know it really sucks at cornering lol.

i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what it would cost to settup /build an AE for drifting. obviously since its guna be a "learner" car, it wouldnt need to be decked out with the best gear as i could always upgrade along the way.

average cost for a stock AE would be anywhere from 4k-6k from what iv gatherd, & drift ready cars around 10-12k ?

if anyone can point me out/give me a rough idea that would be much appreciated !

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

nah man, carsales prices are normally way over the top, seeming you have the budget of an ax6t i'm guessing you want an 86 over a kesev??? can pick up stock 86's around 3 or one's with all the bits for around 8k plus, have a look at gilly's one, if you're willling ti ravel i'd highly consider that.

just message me if you need any other help, i'll try and help you out as much as i can

hey mate, thanks for the reply !
    Yea at the moment im still susin everything out n reading up as much as i can.
    never been in a drifter b4 so all new to this stuff !
    beats going fast in a straight line tho..(altoh that can b fun as well lol)

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

yeah most defiately, most of the cars for sale on here are reasonably priced so if you get something off here you won't be overpaying by much at all

Name
    Dan
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

if i were you i'd try and find a ke70/86 as stock as possible besides having maybe a 4age and learn from that

thats what im doing i brought a stock ke70 and im just getting it RWC and then start as i get better upgrade better bits

what did it set ya back hitoriko ?
    im assuming one would need susy mods pretty much straight up ?
    im not particularly keen on doing mad rebuilds ie motor work etc etc ! cant really afford to open another money pit after doing so with my xr.. lol

Name
    Dan
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

i got mine cheap on ebay

but look around for one on the forum expect to pay 1k for a decent one
    as for suspension - just get lowered springs, better shocks, better sway bars and strut tower braces. thats a good start

if its not manual - find a gearbox etc..

and then either lock the diff or get a LSD.

if its gonna be a daily dont get a locker unless you can be bothered taking it out everytime you get defected.

thats what im doing.
    I had a 86 shell that i was going to use but im buying a house so needed one less car
    so the shell went - i ahve a 4AGE in pieces almost ready to be built (need some lil bits) and the gearbox to suit it - i also have the geabox etc.. for the stock ke engine so my build is going to be a long slow process

dont rush into it buy smart thats my advice

Name
    stanza
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

skunk , buy my car its drift ready, has got everything needed.

5.5k!!!!

Name
    Brendan
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

if you want to learn and understand about all the gear you will need, buy a stock and build it up, expect to pay over $10k for a build up! there's nothing worse than a kid buying a KE70 and thinking its gonna cost him $500 to be a made drifter!

if you want dodgy do as stated above, AE71, cut springs, locked diff, sway bars, strut bar, and you can have fun in that, as long as you don't mind being defected all the time

if you want to start drifting straight away, buy something already prepared for it, it will save you money, time and a lot of effort!

$6k will get you a KE70, complete with 4AGE and suspension.
    $8k will get you a AE86, complete with 4AGE and suspension.

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

or just buy someone else's finished project if you don't want to fuck round and you normally get it alot cheaper, take stanzzza for example, 5.5k and you get something that would cost almost double that to build

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast