Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: QLD 1984 AE86 - workshop prepared 20v Blacktop, Wolf V500, LSD etc 9.5k

Name
    Luke
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default PRICE DROP - QLD AE86 - workshop prepared 20v Blacktop, Wolf V500, LSD etc 8.8k

Car: 1983 Toyota Sprinter

Background: I bought the car about 3 years ago and as a super-clean, stock ADM example. The car was bought from the daughter of a mechanic and all the steering and suspension bushes felt nice and tight and the car drove awesome (albeit uninspiring with 4ac power). Someone down the line has really looked after this car.

The build philosophy with this car has always been to have a clean, stock-looking, reliable and functional daily with good fuel economy that can still be taken for a blast on the weekends.
    I have used this car daily for the last 2 1/2 years and it has never missed beat. I have never been pulled over (except for RBT’s and even then, no cop has ever looked twice). It’s getting about 500km to a tank (I only every run BP Ultimate). It’s sedate enough that my girlfriend drives it, but still has an angry little 20v that really wakes up after 3000rpm

Engine: 4AGE 20v Blacktop - made 127rwhp on the Dyno
    Quad K&N filters on custom adaptor (i also have a custom stainless steel plenum)
    Headers and 2 ¼ inch system with resonator and muffler (can be driven quiet, can be driven loud)
    MSD ignition system
    Platinum Spark Plugs
    Racecraft water relocation kit
    Racecraft Dizzy relocation
    Commodore radiator with custom stainless end tanks

Engine Management: Wolf V500 professionally wired up behind the glovebox, i just have a cord dangling in the glovbox for laptop connection.

Driveline: T50 (feels nice and tight and does not crunch any gears)
    JDM disc brake LSD rear end, again nice and tight.

Suspension: UPDATE - Front - JDM front struts with TRD Springs (4-6 kgs i think) and TRD/tokico 5 way adjustable shocks. Xt130 LCA's with nolethane bushes.

Rear - Rear TRD motorsport springs - 6kg spring rating with commodore wagon shocks. will include TRD blue 8 way shock absorbers also, but they aint on the car until they get rebuilt.

Wheels: MA61 Supra Rims

Exterior: Stock

Interior: Twin Cam steering wheel
    MA61 Supra seats (8 way adjustable with air pumps, stock-looking)
    Sony CD Player with 2x Eclipse speakers in the dash

Good Stuff: The entire conversion, wiring, and all the fabrication work was done by Racecraft, a very reputable workshop on the Sunshine Coast. The 20v is a fresh, healthy little motor (see dyno sheet) that has even compression, blows no smoke, and makes no funny noises. Always starts and idles first time. It basically runs like factory.

By the time you factor everything in, including engine, computer, wiring, fabrication etc... the car owes me about 12k in modifications alone. That’s everything mechanical from the radiator to the diff. everything done on this car was done properly, professionally and for reliability. I had always intended to have this car for a long time.

Spares include 2x MA61 Rims, some XT130 struts, plus whatever else I have in my shed that fits an 86. At The moment im running quad K&N filters on a custom manifold on the inlet side, but the car will also come with a custom stainless plenum and pod filter. can be sprayed black so intake looks stock.

Bad Stuff: the car currently has a cracked dash, some split vinyl on the rear door cards, and a couple of small rust bubbles. The rust is fairly 'honest' in that you can see where it all is and there is no bog hiding anything. The rust is superficial, and there is nothing hard to fix. No rust in the hatch. Under the car is clean as a whistle.

Selling due to getting a work 4x4.

Any inspection is welcome.

Price drop: $8,800, no rego.
    Will negotiate RWC and Rego if required for a higher price.

This car is a great little package and owes me far more than what i’m asking, a wolf v500 alone is over 1.5k by the time its wired up. This car makes an awesome daily (its my daily), or a solid base for someone to take to the next level. I think the price is fair, i mean clean stockers go for around $6,000 (about what i paid), and this one has all the fruit.

P.S I’m just throwing what pictures I have on the laptop right now (they aren't that good). They are a few build pics and some from when I got it (4ac powa!). Not much has changed externally. I’ll take some photos in the sun of the weekend of the small rust spots etc, and post the dyno sheet. Let me know if you want any pictures of anything specific.

Only advertised here and on Toymods at the moment.
    Last edited by 73ta22; 1st March 2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: amendment

Name
    gay
    State
    n1gger land
    Country
    south korea seoul

nice and clean man. color looks like walkinshaw blue !
    lol at white people in japan. just lol.

Name
    Rich
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

ahh such a shame your selling..

i can vouch for this car. been in it many a time. worth every cent, such a clean pro pro conversion, all it needs are some coilovers, then your set..

you buy now..

Name
    Bill
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Wow, thats a great price for a 20v hachi.
    Shame you got to sell up, a very nice setup.

Name
    Luke
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I just uploaded a whole bunch of photos too.

Name
    Jordan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I always see you driving through kunda park lol or around that area anyways car is awesome dude! gl with the sale, never new it had a 20v lol

Name
    Luke
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Thanks Mate, i'm glad to hear you didnt pick the 20v. That was kinda the point with the build! Cheers.

Name
    Luke
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Bump.
    Last edited by 73ta22; 1st June 2010 at 10:44 PM.

Name
    Luke
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

just throwing up another pic, a little interest so far, but nothing too serious. i'll post the dyno sheet when i clean the house.

Will go on carsales in a month or so.

Name
    David
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

beautiful car.

are you after swaps at all ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast