Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: 7AGTE 20v TE71 Sedan Track Car build

Name
    Paul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Proper respect. So much work poured into this car. Good to see you enjoying it.

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Great work mate.

Name
    Nathan
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Cheers guys!

I have booked in the 86 Festival at winton in April, and as such have pulled the car out of the shed and starting fixing the niggly issues that i need done before hitting the track again!

w58 Gearbox pulled out, another on bites the dust! stripped the teeth on the drive gear

Replacement box put in with brass shifter bush kit.

Have been doing alot of road tuning on the corolla with Wes from Viking Automotive, the car has always had an excellent tune (courtesy of Sam @ Dr Drift) which is nice and safe, and pulls hard,
    however I never invested any additional dyno time after getting this initial tune, to start getting into the time consuming partial throttle tuning.
    the speed sensor controlling the boost level has also lessened the part throttle use alot aswell, but ultimately this is a bit of a patch solution to it.
    It is time I actually tried to obtain some more consistant driveability out of it, particularly in the very low throttle (20-40% TPS) area of the MAP.

A bit of reading tells me that Boosted engines that utilise a map sensor and individual throttle bodies can be particularly difficult to get the low throttle correction right,
    and this has proved to be correct!

We are using MAP x TPS in the Adaptronic, and pulling fuel out of the map using the second fuel map which is RPM vs TPS, this way we are taking fuel out only in the low throttle areas,
    essentially leaving the 100% throttle tune exactly as it was (we do not want to alter this)

We are using an innovate LM-2 to log TPS, MAP, RPM and AFR, this has worked well, just doing a lot of recorded street drives under various throttle inputs to obtain the data.

Small change after small change to the MAP is beginning to fix the rich behavior we are seeing at high RPM, high boost, but low throttle input, but there is a lot more to adjust yet.
    we were seeing AFR as low as 9-1 initially under this condition, but after changes so far we are seeing mid to high 10-1 ratios which is getting rid of the aggressive compressor surge and generally weird behavior from the engine.

Interior cleaned up a bit

Still yet to adjust the brake master, last time out a Winton I was experiencing the brake coming on...without touching the pedal,
    this was only occurring after a few laps, we think when the brake fluid is getting very hot and expands it is holding the brakes on due to no tolerance between the master and booster and pedal adjustment.
    I really hope adjusting this properly solves the issue!!

Name
    Nathan
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Car is undergoing a full driveline change,

Engine Gearbox is off to its new home in a Datsun 1000 ute and the hilux diff is off to sit behind a 13b turbo in a fiat 124.

About time to lighten the car up, get back some of those nimble charactaristics of these cars that we all love,
    And (finally) have a Beams 3sge of my own!

I have started a new build thread for the car here:

Last edited by Sprinter86; 11th May 2018 at 12:35 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10