Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Name
    Jonathan
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Default Targa WrestPoint (TAS) with pics

Tasmania maybe spoilt with tarmac rallys right now. The latest is "Targa Wrest Point" which is a mini version of Targa Tasmania. It is shorter (cheaper), only going for a weekend, and uses the country roads between towns south of Hobart.

Day 1 just finished. More action tomorrow.

As a new event, not many residents and enthusiests knew about it. But regular tarmac rally guys were very keen to enter. Some amature pics from myself.
    Do you like these cars?:

Evo X

Tasmanian and ace welder Jason White.

R35 GT-R x2

Local Adrian Moresby in the Gemini.

OMG that is Jim Richards. Seconds later his electric window goes up signaling that he is in the office and about to do some work.

One of only 2 Toyotas. A TA22 Celica "GT".

Name
    Jonathan
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

So yeah, some motivation to get my Levin back together. This would be one of the main events I would aim for, if I had a job! It sets the standard for the quality of vehicle I want to prepare (as in presentation). Too hard to match the speed.

Name
    Christian
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Love the rising sun on that celica.

IMO Jason White has more money than skill.

Name
    Jake
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Like Johny said, if you knew him and the situation you wouldn't comment on anything. I was lucky enough to work with him for 2 years.

Also you will never ever go close to doing what he has done on 4 wheels. PERIOD
    I got nothing.

Name
    Christian
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I don't have to know someone to comment on their skill levels, it's just my opinion. It's pretty clear I'll never be in his league, I'm not saying I'm better than him or anything. It's just a sad fact of Australian rallying, be it tarmac or gravel, that it doesn't really require skill to get to the top, just a large budget.

Name
    Kieran
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

IMO you know nothing at all.

Senior Member Medwin_3sGTE_AE86's Avatar
    Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

And you'd know well, wouldnt you Aaron? From the whole week you spent at White Hot, what'd you see him once and think you're in a position to comment? Heck, it would've been during the week, and im sure John is like every other successful business person around the place - during working hours, the game face is on. He has built his life (and his wealth) from the ground up, and deserves the spoils that come because of his hard work. There'll always be the jealous ones (such as yourself) amoungst us that find a way to justify the need to criticise, hence why those who criticise will always work for those they're critical of. And in my limited meetings/associations with him (for the record, the whites are from burnie area and are family friends) he is far from the thinking he is above everyone you're trying to imply. Meh, he probably was arrogant towards you - through being pissed off that there was a ranga in his workshop for a week Jokes, jokes.....

Im with Keiren on this one. Yes, there will always be those involved in motorsports (or any sport for that matter) that have very limited skill but find a way to make their backing (be it financial, 'who you know' or threats ) make up for what they're missing. Jason White is NOT one of these. He made his mark amoungst motor racing cirles well before his uncle was in a position to offer him backing. Those worthy of knowing the rest of the story would know it, but we'll just leave it at Keiren's comment in that regard.

Name
    Jonathan
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Well, if you knew Jason at all you would see it very differently. He does not make a lot of money from what I know (talked to him and been to his workshop), and is hired as a driver for his skills. Has been a go-kart champion etc, won Targa outright before etc. The money comes from John White, in the navigators seat.

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

John white is a complete poncey dick bag

Name
    Jake
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Well, Jonh doesn't tolarate dick heads. That's why you must think that. Remember, everyone knows someone, so why don't we keep the comments to ourselves.
    I got nothing.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast