Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Calling all panelvan members! why is everything harder for us?

Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

i have a tacho dash for a panno from jp that's a plug and play its sweet the needles light up what ever color u put behind the needle
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

BT20v is making 300rwkw like i said i would without nitrous so now its time for some spray and see if she will run a 10s or less

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

answer to the thread is quite simple, for every positive there is a negative, nothing is cooler than seeing a panelvan hanging its arse out, there is a price to pay though god i miss mattys

Name
    Paul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

We got the Jap built package, and you're trying to fit an ADM cluster...

Why not get a Jap tacho cluster? Any Panelvan owner should become a trademe.co.nz user, the sedan's over in kiwi land came with the correct tacho cluster...

Name
    Sam
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

oh nice! get outta her, wouldn't it be easier just hooking this one up? i mean it is possible in the end and i already have it and i've swapped all the wires in the plugs to get everything working but the revs... nah im gonna make this happen! lol im pretty sure i know what to do i've just been lazy during the week.

Name
    Paul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

The other advantage of the Jap cluster is the surround is better. It has the correct size cutout for a single din head unit (thinner nicer vent below too) from factory and the ADM one has three cutouts to suit an AM radio. If you sit JDM and ADM clusters side by side you will notice the screen profile is different. No point going back now that you've already started modifying wires though.

As for your door rubbers question, is this what you're looking for?

Name
    Sam
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

Yeah i saw those on ebay but i thought they would be for the coupe shape ke and not the pano's... come to think of it now the fact that i cant slap on sedan door due to them being shorter than the panelvan door gives me a feeling the coupe rubbers will fit coz you would assume the coupe also has slightly longer doors... hmmm what you guys think?

as for the surround i was lucky enough the original owner wasnt a fan of the radio/tight ass and did get the am radio in it! i have a little plastic plate with toyota on it which is clipped over where it would be! and as for the double din opening the kid who had it before me made a little plate which stop stuff flying out and is really useful for hold smokes/slash wallet! but i have noticed the difference in screen profile which is small enough not to worry about.

Oh i also have another point i thought i'd bring up for us panelvan drivers...

the back side windows! who has put the effort in to fix the rust around them n keep them? does anyone know where to get knew glass for them? (i love the windows!)

or have you all taken the easy way out and welded a panel over them?

Name
    Paul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Sorry to sound like a bragger but mine's got no rear side windows, so no rust as a result

Can get full size JDM windows from trademe.co.nz as 2 door wagons get parted out.

I'd be 99.9% sure the doors are same between van and two door sedan. That's why I posted the link.

Name
    Sam
    State
    Vic
    Country
    Australia

sweet as man, yeah i was looking at at that site those guys in nz get all the good stuff buy the looks of things!
    yeah i think i'm gonna wing it and go with the coupe rubbers.

Name
    Matt
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Putting it out there, my Panno which has well and truely past its days is half stripped. If theres something specific you guys are looking for that I MAY still have let me know. Can also do cuts, (ikus has already put his hand up for the rear most windowless panels).

KePanelVan, Eddy is running my old leafs, custom made in Lilydale, PM me and ill try and find the guys details for you again if your interested.

Name
    Paul
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Yeah I told ikus to contact you about the rear panels. IIRC a while ago there was a dude (on rollaclub) overseas chasing a set of headlights and grille so it may pay to advertise the front light arrangement (parker to parker) in the hope of selling. Or do a search for the WTB thread. I'd suggest those parts to be worth around the $100mark at a minimum. Is the drivers side gaurd any good? I think I already mentioned for you to check that out for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast