Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: adans spoonter!

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Started a merge collector today, Ive decided I need a cool looking set of 4-1 extractors now.

Also some presents arrived prematurely...

Name
    Phuoc
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

interesting... will you be doing a slip on design for the extractors? perhaps some car loops?
    Pick up Sydney
    Pics can be sent by phone
    Emails ignored
    Texts ignored
    Private numbers ignored
    Wankers abused

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I dont think Ill do a slip on design, I dont have a tube enlarger. Plus too much fiddly setting up with the individual pipes and whatnot.

Im not sure what design I want to go for yet, but I want some decent length while keeping it fairly easy to make. Something similar to the powercraft ones would be nice....

Either way it should be an upgrade from the current 4-2-1's I currently have, which arent equal length and not even mandrel bent.

Gunner

what are you using the a arms for?

Name
    Brad
    State
    Canterbury
    Country
    New Zealand

S13 IRS conversion!!

Looking forward to full conversion post!!

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Indeed

Yeah Id like to gather some good pics and info before I go posting it around pretending to be a cool dude....

But progress is still happening, got a little bit done today...even though I wasted some time making a front lip for the front bar I got.

Gunner

ahh interesting, i'd like to see how you are going about it, good luck dude.

Name
    Brad
    State
    Canterbury
    Country
    New Zealand

Should be able to get a real flush fitment with the IRS too! Itsh so hard to get a decent amount of poke with a low height with live axle rear.
    It will be interesting to see how much is involved in doing a conversion like this, you may of started a new trend.
    Also will be interesting to see if it gives it a different / better handling characteristics. As I thought the live axle rear was one of the things that gave hachis there amazing handling. (including a nearly perfect weight distribution)
    Any way really like what your doing and good luck with it all mate.

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Cheers

Im not too concerned about fitment and poke and stuff. The current wheels fitted perfect with flares and the old diff, so I will probably need to downgrade unless I can find some huge flares (current ones are around +30mm over stock)

Im not sure how the conversion will change the car. Weight distribution will be similar, but I will have lost quite a bit of unsprung weight, which should be a good thing. The main advantages I see are disc brakes, cheap parts and lots more adjustment. Plus I get a 4.3:1 lsd which will never break behind the 4a no matter how much power I ever get.

I dont think it will be a new trend though, Im sure its been done quite a few times already. I am trying to do it with minimal cutting and welding though. Going against all the backyard engineers and mechanincs who know too much (no offence to anyone), less welding is better IMO. Plus I want to be able to refit the stock rear seat....with minimal mods anyway...

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Decided to play around a bit today. Did a very rough design for the extractors.
    Every runner is the same length and has the exact same bends in it so far, need to take some proper measurements and draw up the flange properly before I go too crazy...

Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast