Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: adans spoonter!

Name
    Jon
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Looking sicker than aids

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

cheers man

good to have a driving car again.

Also was bored this morning, so I cut up some of the leftover carbon fibre I have. I still have a 400x200mm piece, which will probably go around the gear shifter...
    I just killed some time starting a brake master cylinder stopper, just need to chuck another gusset on it and then fit.

Name
    Kevin
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

oh fcuk yeh!!
    didnt realise how far this has come since you 1st got it! good times at skid pan nights
    you know who this is yes?
    [Eat - Sleep - Drift]

Name
    Brad
    State
    Canterbury
    Country
    New Zealand

Man I love this car. It is just so tough looking! I think facelift indicators with a Perspex lens over your headlights would tidy it up too. Are u putting side skirts on it?

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yeah I remember you Kev!
    Hopefully be able to make it to a skidpan night soon, need to brush up on driving the car again...

But yeah Im looking for some Indicators still. Then going to put some smallish blinkers into the bar, I dont really want to go with the standard trueno ones, too many expensive bits to break.
    Also not sure on side skirts either, maybe some small ones if I ever want to burn some money.
    For now most of it will be spent on this to aid the driving. Im glad the trueno front end turned out ok, most people on here will be angry if they knew how much cash I paid for it all

Name
    Sam
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

some creative mods on this car. Keep up the good work
    My website: SQ Engineering - 4AGE and 3SGE upgrade/replacement parts

- SQ Engineering on facebook -

Please e-mail to contact me instead of sending a private message on here.

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Cheers guys

Ive finally driven the car a properly. I used it all weekend without any issues. Just needed to redo the vacuum lines so that the brakes would work. Also managed to hide the lines a bit better too so it looks alot neater.
    I played a little bit with the cams, it seems to run alot better with the intake cam retarded 2 degrees. Though the cams are not setup properly, and it is still running the 20v tune so Id say it still needs quite a bit of adjustment. With this little adjustment though, its pretty drivable. Seems fine on part throttle and easy enough to drive around in traffic. On full throttle though, there is nothing until about 4500rpm. After that it pulls like an animal!

Today I also had a fantastic idea on how to fix my speedo. I havent managed to get the cressida speed sensor to give the dash unit a signal yet, so I went for something even better.
    Ive made a little bracket which will hold my iphone on the dash, its got a velcro strap to hold it in. Ill wire in a 12v lighter plug for power so I dont run out of battery.
    I figure Ill just use the awesome HUD gps speed display app as my speedo. I was playing with it today, and it seems to refresh quick enough to use it on the road.

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Drove the car to work today (65km round trip)

It seems to work pretty faultlessly, so its basically ready to be tuned. Even on a 31 degree day it only needed the thermo fan once or twice at traffic lights. The clutch is still a bitch to get used to, but other than that its excellent to drive.
    I ended up hooking up my laptop to the microtech last night, the timing and fuel map seemed to have a dip around 4500rpm so I evened them out a little bit which seemed to make it drive much nicer. Also lowered the rev limiter to 7700 just incase my foot gets heavy. Going by how it drives, once its tuned it should be pretty awesome.

I started on some radiator ducting today too, it should help keep temps down seeing theres not really much of a radiator support and im sure most of the air avoids the radiator.

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

That's sick Adan!
    dose

Veteran
    Name
    Adan
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

cheers richard! I heard you were joining the ae86 club again?

Ive done a little bit lately. Really been trying to save for a tune, but Im moving house again so I doubt it will happen this year. I might just buy a wideband kit and do it myself on the freeway.

Also disconnected the vacuum line off the fpr, it will always run ~35psi now. This gave me a spare vacuum port, so Ive made a small bleed valve which ill mount on the dash. That way I can have a bit of in cabin idle adjustment, and let the throttle close a bit more at idle (it was at 6% according to the tps just to have it idle before)

Radiator ducting is done, just need to get some flyscreen mesh to put in the front bar to hide the shiny aluminium...

Other than that, if i get a wideband I will be making a new exhaust. I have some 316 grade polished 2.5" stainless sitting here, just need to get a muffler and some flanges for it.

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast