Thread: rt142 irs rear end?? and general set up questions

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Default rt142 irs rear end?? and general set up questions

so got me self a reasonable rt142, anyway so far i think i have the front end sorted out, got weld on coil over kit, with 8kg springs on the way, then i plan on some RCA's, sw20 agx shocks and s13 camber plates, sould like its gonna work??? anyway on to the rear, i have been struggling to find anything worth reading on the irs rear end, except that its the same as ra65, ma61 ect and that i can use ma61 ventilated rear brakes, anyway i was thinking of giving ajaps adjustable spring seats a go with 5.5kg springs, anyone got any idea of what short stroke shocks would work out?
    so brakes, at the moment i think ill just chase some ma61 ventilated rears and i think ra65/60 front ventilated rotors and calliper will bolt up to the rt142 strut, correct? or are the calliper mounts different and i need the whole strut?

so how am i sounding?im fairly new to the suspension game so any suggestions would be great

also have some 15" x 8 sport max watanabes , venetian blinds and fender mirrors

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

any of the pin and eye shocks will do, plenty of options i can help you with

look into the camber reduction mod on these forums (big m is selling)

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

In the rear of my mx73 i used standard length for sprinter (not shortened) TRD shocks and they were a good length at a lower height, still have droop and are in good working range.

also Cheers dave, also check out the group buy section for the rear camber system

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I just coilovered a pair of ra65 struts complete for mine but i think i read somewhere that the calipers do bolt up to the rt142 strut. They are identical struts apart from the caliper being wider to accommodate the vented rotor i think. take your tape measure to the wreckers and way.

You will have to get a spacer made up before you put it all together to sit between the top of the shock and the camber top to take up the space on the shock as you run out of thread. Mine were about 150 from a cnc shop, just give them a strut complete with tops on and they should be able to do it for you.

Take a look in my members ride thread to see what i run.

Anything short stroke would be fine, KYB Excel G, Tokico, Bilstein, I run TRD Blue adj and they work really well, even with 7kg springs. Id go a 6kg spring
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

ok cool as, expressed interest for the camber system for the irs and just ordered spring seats, 6 kg springs and RCA's through ajps.

so just need to order some shocks and front camber tops, strut brace/s and finally some elbow grease.

so s13 camber tops the way to go if i can get at a good price, i read you need to round the holes out a bit thoe, can purchase ma61 ones from the US but it costs more in postage that the actual parts

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Decent brand name S13 cambertops are cheap as chips, should be able to get a pair in good condition for 200ish. Just file the strut top holes out slighlty where you can see it needs it and it will be fine.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.