Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Universal 3sge (inc Beams) into AE/KE thread

Name
    Ryan
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Australia

The Altezza diff that came with my halfcut had what appeared to be a G series flange which was 60mm square, this is a different pattern to all other F series diffs I've used (which are 55mm square if I recall)

So no, your Altezza tailshaft probably won't bolt up to the YR22 diff - but seriously this is the least of your worries as the tailshaft will be completely different lengths on both pieces and you'll need to get a new one fabbed up anyway.

You'll need to either get a 60mm square flange and put it on your YR22 diff ( diff rebuild time ) or the much easier option of finding a tailshaft with a flange that matches your YR22, and hand that to whoever is going to be making your new tailshaft.

Name
    Evan
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Thank you for the clarification. I had also read that the YR22 diff housing has a G-series sized nose, so this would make sense.

Name
    Glenn
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

sorry havnt got any 4 ,2 into 1 at the moment as i have found the 4 into 1s is much more better for gas flow etc
    the trd race pipes are for hi comp pistons and big cams quad throttles etc major clod, and the others that they sell seem to snap on the header flange as my mate has had these welded up 9 times now and the facing plate also buckles being stainless

Name
    Clay
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

heres the massaging to the body i had to do to fit glens headers. (other half is off getting welded atm)

this is where it hits in relation to the manifold itself.

you welcome to buy my old manifold that i made...

Name
    Glenn
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

clay you could have straighten them up a bit then cut the merge and reweld .i see what the problem is and my motor is 10mm off the fire wall as well
    so where the four change direction just before the merge they should have been straight and would that have fixed your problem

Name
    Ryan
    State
    Qld
    Country
    Australia

Glenn, do you know the approximate lengths of the primary and secondary pipes on your TRD headers?

Name
    Kevin
    State
    ZH
    Country
    The Netherlands

Hi guys,

I've been doing some research on a 3sge beams conversion in my ADM Levin and this topic is VERY helpfull because it contains A LOT of information.
    Saying this could you guys have a look at the overview I made below to see if I'm missing parts of the build and answer some of the questions I have?
    I'm trying to make clear overview of all the info in this thread and everything involded with this build.

My starting point is to place a stock 3sge beams in in the most 'ideal' position, whatever this position might be.

Issues regarding placement of the engine when trying to maintain original weight distribution and 'easy' access for servicing:
    - Clearance with firewall, it isn't quite clear to me if there are any modifications needed or not?
    - Clearance stock 3sge beams plenum with brake master cylinder and brake booster, isn't really an issue because it just clears with normal positioning of the engine?
    - Clearance stock 3sge beams plenum with clutch master cylinder/reservoir, solution is to mount a remote reservoir.
    - Clearance stock 3sge beams sump with steering rack, easiest solution would be to grind some of the webbing of? Most expensive solution is a dry-sump.
    - Clearance with radiator, I've got an hyundai excel radiator so this should clear the engine? including fans?
    - Custom engine mounts needed, can be bought by someone here on the forum?
    - Custom swaybar needed to clear the sump when normally positioning the engine?
    - Custom exhaust manifold? Not quite clear if a complete new manifold is needed or just the connection to the rest of the exhaust?
    - Clearance with bonnet, webbing bonnet needs to be cut when having black cover on engine.
    - No modifications needed to crossmember, also doesn't have to be lowered?

Issues regarding fuelsystem:
    - Currently running standard 4AGE fuelsystem with a 4AGTE set-up, probably good idea to upgrade fuel pump because of 2.0L capacity instead of 1.6L, or not necessary?
    - Need extra return line?

Issues regarding gearbox:
    - Currently running a W57 gearbox mounted to AE101 4AGTE, I'm assuming this doesn't directly mounts up to the 3sge beams.
    - Custom bellhousing needed, is this available somewhere or do I have to get this made myself?
    - Is there any difference between the W58 and W57 gearbox other then the ratios? Because I can probably get a W58 adaptor plate to fit a 3sge beams.
    - Otherwise if I can't get the adaptor plate do I have to use a 3Y bellhousing?
    - Do the tailshaft/gearbox mounts have be modified because of different placement of engine and different adaptor plate?
    - Using a W5# gearbox on a 3sge beams creates a problem with the spigot shaft? A double row spigot or the spigot has to be extended.
    - Can I use a 3sge beams clutch with the W57 box?
    - I can use the 3sge beams startermotor but I need an adaptor to fit it to the W57 gearbox?

Issues regarding electronics and wiring 3sge beams to stock AE86 dash cluster:
    - I only need the engine loom of the 3sge right? Or do I need the body loom as well?
    - 3sge beams ECU has to be used to be able to run the dual vvt-i and fly-by wire throttle, or as a more expensive option an aftermarket ECU.
    - Utilizing the fly-by-wire throttle; The throttle body has 2 sensors one for pedal position (using standard style cable attachment) and a second for butterfly position (controlled by a motor) It's all integrated in the throttle body itself and I just have to find a cabel that fits (or make one) the rest is controlled by the ECU.
    - Tacho: modify circuit board to lower voltage or run a tacho booster?
    - Speedo: Can stay the same as I'm not changing gearbox
    - Oil pressure sender: Needs to be adapted to fit 3sge beams

I'm aware that this is a lot of info but I'm trying to make this more clear for me (and hopefully for others as well)
    Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to get everything handed to me on a platter by letting you guys do all the work and not do any research myself.
    However there are some things that are still not quite clear after my research and I would really appreciate it if you guys could comment on this to help me get in the right direction.

Thanks.

Bozu
    Last edited by Bozu; 8th June 2011 at 05:29 PM.
    ADM AE86 Levin

Name
    Clay
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

w-3s bellhousing are off a 2 or 3y tarago i think.

my motors probley in the most ideal location. any further back requires hitting the fire wall. any further down cutting of the sump will have to happen. my swaybar hits the sump, but im not sure if it will still hit when the suspention loaded and back on it wheels.

you might need minor tunnel reshaping.
    you have to use some funky starter motor with a spacer, but this comes very close to the steering shaft. so i suggest finding the starter before you start mounting the motor.

buddypart where going to sell motor mounts but they've closed down and dont exist anymore...

Name
    Kevin
    State
    ZH
    Country
    The Netherlands

What kind of funky starter motor? I think I heard something about a 20V? Can't I use the stock 3sge? Also on what side of the engine does it sit? Exhaust or intake side?

Is there another place to get the mounts? Or maybe get in contact with buddyparts for the design so I can make them myself?
    ADM AE86 Levin

Name
    Andrew
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

I clearanced my sump, pushed it back as far as I could. Although I can't run a heater at the moment. Swaybar clears no problems, no firewall/tunnel mods needed if using the w-series. Need to build a bash plate though, sump is about 1.5" below crossmember.

Oil pressure sender works fine with stock AE86 gauge. Same output/signal, different connector.

BT Beams 3sg starter will not work with w5x housing. I think Anthony modifies AE101/AE111's to work.

Andrew
    Last edited by assassin10000; 8th June 2011 at 05:11 PM.

Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast