Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

Thread: Universal 3sge (inc Beams) into AE/KE thread

Name
    Alex
    State
    Washington
    Country
    USA

So I have confirmed I do not have whatever that little grey plug goes into on the back of the had.
    Any ideas what is does or even better a part number?

Thanks

Name
    MJ
    State
    Dublin
    Country
    Ireland

its a radio condensor part number 90980-04116, this the best pic i cud find online, im not near my own car at the mo to get a proper pic...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Inked00caee8f45f8906763a61b20a46057c5_LI.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	290.4 KB 
ID:	37429
    90980-04116Have you got this little grey box? heres a link to a diagram

90980-04116

Name
    Alex
    State
    Washington
    Country
    USA

Thanks so much mitch16 I got it running today!!! I had the MAF in backwards! Flipped it around and it fired right up. Now it idles but as soon as I give it any throttle ti coughs and sputters. Almost like its not giving any more fuel to compensate for extra air. As soon as I let off throttle it idles way up for a second then smooths out again. I'm thinking its something to due with my air intake setup.

Name
    MJ
    State
    Dublin
    Country
    Ireland

hmmm....mine was doing the opposite, it was iding badly, spluttering and missing, but was taking the throttle fine with no splutter. i assumed it was due to some sensor i had done away with in the conversion so i got an Apexi power fc ecu so i cud map the fault out of it, but im still waiting on the Mapping guy to give me a day so i havnt gotten to the bottom of the bad idling. Is your throttle body buzzing/humming when you put on ignition? mine was on the standard ECU, but not on the Apexi. I think i read somewhere its suppose to buzz! Keep me posted on this when you get to the bottom of it! I didnt use an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator, i used an OEM one from a 3sgte, and now im wondering if its running the correct fuel pressure!

Name
    Alex
    State
    Washington
    Country
    USA

My throttle body is not buzzing, I have not looked at it carefully like have have coils Maf etc for power and ground. Thats a good sugjesstion for next step. I have my fuel pressure set at 62psi, I have heard these engines are very picky especially when you run them stock return-less system.

Name
    MJ
    State
    Dublin
    Country
    Ireland

i see people running them at approx 60psi, but i tested the fuel pressure in my rail when the engine was still in the altezza and running sweetly and it was reading 40psi on idle and didnt change when revved. mine is not returnless, its running the 45psi return regulator from a st205 3sgte. i think ill fit an adjustable FPR and increase my pressure up to 60 ish, it may not fix my idle issue but it cant do any harm!

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Sorry to butt in. I know you Beams guys love long trumpets. Any of you run silvertop ITBS? If so does anyone have any trumpets north of 110mm I can try on my setup to see if I can find some power? It made 5kw more just going from 75mm to 104mm. I've noticed how well the beams engine reacts to longer trumpets and I want to try on the 2azfe. I would prefer to borrow a few different lengths and do some testing till I find what's ideal.

Name
    Alex
    State
    Washington
    Country
    USA

So I got things running much better by removing the air filter and the little honeycomb air smoother thing I got. I am able to rev the engine now!
    But i'm fairly certain its in some kind of limp mode, as the throttle motor does not do anything. I cant seem to find any diagrams that show what pins need power or ground. Only that 2 of them go to the ECU. Anyone have any ideas?

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Have you supplied constant power to the BM pin on the ecu?
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Alex
    State
    Washington
    Country
    USA

Hi Matt, I dont have the car where I am at right now but I believe BM+(pin a6) does have power to it. I will check next time I work on it to make sure. I was able to get codes off it.
    I have one code that is for the o2 sensor heater. and another code 89 which is for the throttle body motor.
    I found this page and while it is for the 2jzge I am going to try the peddle press down reset method and see if that gets things going again.

Alex

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40