State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Default Stadium Drift " Day of Drift" Aug 28th 2010 @ Tailem Bend

RACELINE / STADIUM DRIFT BACK IN SA

"DAY of DRIFT" -- SOUTH AUST-----SAT AUG 28
    MOTORSPORTS PARK----TAILEM BEND

Our objective is to establish 3 STADIUM DRIFT catagories in SA along the same lines as Qld, that is a PRO catagory a Level 2 catagory + a "STREET LEGAL" catagory (note i use the term street legal loosely) its really a newbie class/ feeder catagory to give new guys a starting point, some drivers will know which catagory they fit however if need be we can seed them on the day.

The first event will be run on sat Aug 28, gates will open at 9am with the first car due on track at 10am, the format will be battles, tandems, solo & tandem runs for newbies until midday, then we will run some sponsor/passenger laps followed by a (fun) comp for our 3 catagories with trophies for the winners. The day will finish with a 1 hr expression session. Entry forms & posters for this are now being prepared.

The plan for this first event is to give all the drivers a chance to see how we operate as well as get heaps of laps on this new track & also try out a couple of different track layouts.
    If all gels at the first event we will run a further 2 full comps at this venue prior to dec.
    These comps would be a duplicate of our PRO TOUR events

It looks like STADIUM DRIFT will finally get moving forward in SA after 2 1/2 yrs of frustration with other venues, so its now all positive, all we need for these fun events is the drivers support.

FOR EVENT ENTRIES & INFO PLEASE email (please send your postal address & mob no.)
    RACELINE "STADIUM DRIFT" finally back in SA

HUGE THANKS to Simon, Paul, Hayden, Stewy & the rest of the crew who came out thursday & assisted with a test day to sort out a "STADIUM DRIFT" track layout awesome job guys with some very positive suggestions from a group of well informed drifters, with an entry speed of around 160k & ALL THE ACTION only meters from the crowd i am very confident we will have a venue to rival our best tracks incl Stanthorpe etc.

FINALLY after several mths of working with the management of this new venue we are able to now provide the SA drifters with more info on this action packed form of drifting & start moving forward with planning for the rest of 2010 & sorting out the details for our PRO TOUR "SOUTH EAST" (VIC & SA) for 2011 which will be in addition to our current "PRO TOUR CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES" run over tracks in NSW & QLD The plan is then to hold an "ALL STARS" GRAND FINAL which will combine both tours in nov 2011 which would then provide us with an AUST GRAND CHAMPION

The first event will be as per details in the first post & as stated if you are uncertain which catagory to enter our officials will seed you on the day, the aim is to duplicate the tried & proven formula we have established over the past 3 years & have a PRO catagory with 24 cars + a Level 2 catagory with 24 cars & a Street catagory or 16 cars (use the term "street"loosley its for the non sponsored newbies in their street rides, its an entry class)

All the STADIUM DRIFT comps are run on a round robin system, which means you dont get eliminated after 1 bad run, you get 4 battles (8 laps) which are judged with the top 4 points scorers going to a shootout final, the program then moves to a "BIG ENTRY" comp followed to an Expression session & Drift Train

ALL will be explained at the august 28 event, so please save your questions until then, one of our most experienced pro drivers Josh Young will be available at that event to clarify the comp format.

There will be at least 2 further STADIUM DRIFT full comps run at this venue before dec, i will advise the dates as soon as they are confirmed.
    ALL INFO RE ENTRIES, CONDITIONDS, LICENCES, SCRUTINEERING ETC will be posted on our websites within the next 5 days.
    DRIVERS WISHING TO GO ON OUR MAILING LIST FOR MEMBERSHIP & INFO PLEASE EMAIL TO with your name, postal address & mob no

(please note this site is undergoing a revamp)

Name
    Simon
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

and the layout used.

Name
    quang
    State
    SA
    Country
    australia

Sounds good. I'm keen for this.

Name
    Wayne
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Im keen
    20V silvertop, HKS 2510, Microtech LT10s with dash display, A Spec coilovers, AJPS RCAs + traction brackets, T3 adj trailing arms, TRD 2 way, braided brake lines,Kelway half cage, Cusco cambertops and braces. 174rwkw @ 15psi....SOLD

CA18det Gayzelle cooner

Name
    Simon
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

im looking at you Arch.....

Name
    Evan
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I am down for this. Will be a epic day for sure.

Name
    Davey & Riki-lee
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

i got my form filled out just need to send it, its gonna be a good one!
    R&D Mechanical, Seaford SA - please visit www.rdmechanicalshop.com
    Our introduction - Click here

Name
    Ben
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

keeeeeeeeen

Name
    Jarrad
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

yess got mine filled out to. what class ya going in davey and evo? i was thinking bout going pro....

Name
    Matt
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

looks pretty good simmo

cept atm i cant afford to get the car going, let alone enter a comp hahah

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast