Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Urgent! regency loan trueno front inner guard

Default Urgent! regency loan trueno front inner guard

Hey people!

Trueno went through regency for the second inspection today and failed only on the inner guard on the front. so I need some!! the guy said it can just come back through tomorrow and he will pass if that is done!!

early model Trueno, front inner guards, lend or buy!! ASAP
    Trueno now For Sale

Complete restoration, New Paint, Cad plainted undercarriage and Sus parts, amazing engine bay Uncomplied-does have intrusion bars done 9850 ono

Name
    Matt
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

damn you must have got a grumpy one, they dont normally do you for missing fender liners...

i dont have any here or else i would lend em to you, soz

He seemed pretty good, Jay (at buddy parts) took it through on friday, and it failed so the guy said bring it back to him on monday and so Jay fabbed (*made fit from another car*) some inner guards, but he said it didnt totally seal off the inner guard so not passable. He said we could just bring it back again today but i cant get hold of any
    Trueno now For Sale

Complete restoration, New Paint, Cad plainted undercarriage and Sus parts, amazing engine bay Uncomplied-does have intrusion bars done 9850 ono

Name
    Ash
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

my trueno got failed for the same thing plus others.

gave Regency a ring apparnetly theres no rule that states that you ned to have them fitted to a vehicle.

i would challenge it cant hurt, it just depends which "god" you happen to bump into down there. apparently

Name
    Marco
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Bugger man,

I will fail for the same thing then.
    I have read some where that inner splash guards must be fitted to wheel areas and also underneath the motor. (if fitted standard)

Name
    Ben
    State
    S.A
    Country
    Australia

If its a standard item on the car it must be fitted,I cant see why you cant run the standard ones,I have complied one trueno and i dont think it had them at all and he passed.If its not stated on the sheet it should not matter if none are fitted..Dont know..Shit changes weekly down there
    Damb there must be something that can work in its place,Ide just make it out of plastic and weld it together with a soldering iron.I had none when i went thru and passed but i dont have a trueno.

Hachiroku AE86 Masters Club S.A since 1998

It had some mocked up ones in there than Jay fitted, but they said it didnt 'fully enclose' the wheel well so failed. Thats why i need some stardard ones
    Trueno now For Sale

Name
    Tony
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

i complied my trueno through regency without them and they didnt say a thing, they seemed really thorough with everything to, guess it depends on who you get on the day like jinxd said

well thats just crap, cos this is the only thing I failed on the second time through
    Trueno now For Sale

Name
    Ash
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

as i said before dude, call up the rta and argue the point ive had a trawl through the adr's on theyre website and i havent found anything in them that "specifically" relates to inner guards being mandatory for a car to be registered.

my Trueno goes back to regency on monday "sans" inner guards i will let you know how i go.

Good Luck!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast