Australia

let us know if you get any improvement with the "extractors"

Name
    Daz
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

hey lets have a headers versus extractors debate, hang on must be the flow on effect from reading the steel wheels cool thread, On topic have you considered painting your lower skirt on the front of the car, would look heaps cleaner.

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I thought they were the same??

Any way yes I have and I hav got paint sitting in the shed for when I get keen

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

alright so i tried to install my RCA's today, anyway once all bolted back together with RCA in place my steering arm was only like a fly shit off hitting on the rims very outer lip (8" wide and 0 offset i believe), and when i spun it was fine except for a very slight dint in it that would pull it up, i realize i could just use a small slip on wheel spacer but i would rather not, and i suppose power steering arms would be the best option but what cars can i get them from, i know rt142 or ra65 will work but anything else? also i could probably just shave a bit of the RCA's which might help a bit
    also the grease nipple on the bottom of the lca rubs on the balancing weights which i can easy find a plug for

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

with the height of your car RCA's are pointless. what angle are the lower control arms and rod ends at without them? if they are drastically pointing up, like say 25degress, then yeh but otherwise maybe just sell them.

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

mmmm you may be on to something there haha

edit: yes on closer inspection i am only like 3 or so mm above horizontal at the ball joint end, I thought that how much lower from stock was the height of the RCA required or is it when the LCA is way above horizontal that it becomes a problem?
    Last edited by macca1590; 11th November 2010 at 05:10 PM.

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

its when it is way above normal... or... just above normal too i suppose - it is to stop it from toe-ing out as you hit bumps, so i suppose you want it just below horizontal.

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

so i got bored at work before Christmas and made up a gauge panel to sit on my dash, temp, volts and oil pressure, i also fitted a oil pressure switch, temp switch and low coolant alarm and hooked all these up to a buzzer, so if it say gets hot or loses oil pressure or loses coolant a switch will open and it will de energize a relay and will bringing on the alarm and corresponding led, (only alarms on oil pressure when fuel pump is running) i also installed the switch on the side so that i can turn the alarm off if its going off falsely, the light on the side is to let me know that the alarm is bypassed ( ill upload a diagram if anyone is interested)

one thing that has been bothering me is my stupid steering rack making noises so i went to the wreckers and got the best of the st141 racks and installed it and its still as noisy as mine, so im wondering if they would be the same as ke70 racks?? probably not but i know ke70 racks are a bit easer to come buy, so if anyone has got one laying and wouldn't mind getting a few measurements that would be great, dont go to to much trouble thoe

ohh and anyone know any good place to get/order a door seal kit??

Name
    Tom
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

what kind of noises is it making? clicking or grinding?

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

like a knocking almost, there very very slight moment between pinion/rack and dose not change when i adjust the preload thingo, just gets harder to steer and there is some movement in the bushes in the end of the housing, also im 99.999999999999999% sure that it isnt anything else cause i have been under the car a million times with wheels and struts and control arms and everything else off and they all appear fine with no movement, i even checked to see if my shock was lose in the strut casing and it only noticeable at low ish speeds and there is bugger all that you feel through the steering wheel

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast