Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: not another RT142............

Name
    Guy
    State
    qld
    Country
    Australia

i think my timing chain tensioner failed or something as its rattling like a bitch since that night but still driving okay. ill open her up sometime soon and just make sure a guide hasn't come loose or whatever.

old toyota <3 haha
    So just keep in mind the next time ur at a drift meet and someone asks u why ur not out there ripping it up with the other sikunts, don't say "I'm waiting for my coilovers to arrive" or "my gf wont let me drive sideways", u say "I flatspotted my tyres on my HUUUGE 120km/hr entry and if u missed that then ur TOO LATE BIATCH"

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

tension chain guide i think is actually some kind of plastic, sometimes they break or just wear down. should fix that pretty quick before the chain slaps around and does some damage. either that or you're just perma low on oil pressure lol.

Name
    Zac
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

wait you said a few posts back you were going to hit up archerfield? should let me know when you do so i can come watch some rona action i live like 1minute drive from there.

Name
    Guy
    State
    qld
    Country
    Australia

yeah zac. i would instantly assume plastic guide failure but i have metal guides in this engine. also i have awesome oil pressure. perhaps the metal guide has come loose or failed though. i will look soon.

sorry to threadjack adam
    So just keep in mind the next time ur at a drift meet and someone asks u why ur not out there ripping it up with the other sikunts, don't say "I'm waiting for my coilovers to arrive" or "my gf wont let me drive sideways", u say "I flatspotted my tyres on my HUUUGE 120km/hr entry and if u missed that then ur TOO LATE BIATCH"

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yeah apparently if they get real bad the chain will rub through a coolant jacket or something

haha no drama

keiichi i have been down the last few weeks, probably be going again this thursday seeing as its my last week of tafe then ill be heading back to the sticks

Name
    Guy
    State
    qld
    Country
    Australia

How is this going man?

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yeah all sweet, survived the 600 odd km drive home, and got 8.9L/100!!! but then i realised that my diff ratio and tires probs throw it out a bit, at 100kmh buy my GPS the speedo is readig 110 so id assume 10% difference so like 9.79, which still seems good for 80's fuel injection haha
    but the peace of crap is getting hot now, the thermostat is jamming shut, gets right up in the red before it opens and then runs at normal temp, can see the temp on the std gauge rise but the temp in top radator hose, where i mounted my other sensor, will still be cold untill it opens up then they equalise, and buy then it pressurries so much that it pushes all the water out into the overflow bottle and cause its fucking hot it just evaporates,, so when the thermostat dose opens and the whole show cools down there is no water left in the overflow bottle so it just sucks a gut full of air and my low water alarm goes off, story of my life i know haha, but what pisses me off is the thermostat is only 2 months old, its a tridon one or some shit thoe

Name
    Guy
    State
    qld
    Country
    Australia

try removing it and cutting out the little jiggle valve. that will allow a little water through and the temperature spike in the upper hose will soften out (done it in mine and it fixed the issue). also some thermostats just suck. u might have to get another. put it in some water and then add heat. watch with thermometer and see when it opens.

are u using coolant or water?
    if u run a softer radiator cap. like .9bar it will displace more water but it wont be as wicked hot when it comes out so that might help.

Name
    Sam
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

im using coolant, i got a old thermostat and just cut the spring out for the time being, so i get full flow and got hold of some acid based flush, cause this is the 2nd thermostat in like 4 months so mabey i got something in the system that is making them sticky??? i have no idea, worth a try, hopefully new thermostat comes tomora

Name
    Daz
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I had similar problem flushed rad, changed hoses, thermostats, in desperation bought new rad. Problem fixed. Had a good look at old rad and had a hairline split that I am assuming would open up when hot.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast