Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: help with how i should build my 4age. sorry new to toyota

Default help with how i should build my 4agte. sorry new to toyota

hey guys im very new to toyota. i have a datsun 1000 ute that later down the track i wanna put a 4age in because the t50 box fits my tunnel and the 4age fits in too. i want this thing non turbo and im not shooting for major horsepower.

so far i have a stock smallport head and a set of 2006 cbr 44mm quad throttlebodys (with inbuilt injectors)

i was thinking of using a 7 rib block, using hi comp pistons (unsure if i go forged or not), forged rods, cams, valve springs, aftermarket computer and staging the stock injectors with the bike ones.
    i wasnt sure if i should port my head and get bigger valves. what do u guys recommend? also what dizzy do i use if i just want to run a normal electronic style dizzy?.

also what parts can i use of a 3 rib big port on a 7 rib smallport? does engine backing plate, flywheel, dizzy, ect fit. thanx guys
    Last edited by matto1kute; 26th July 2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: changed mind

Name
    Will
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

how much power do you want and how much money do you have? at 44mm the throttles you have are marginally smaller than silvertop 20 valve 4AGE quad throttles, so i wouldn't bother with bigger valves etc. Cams will depend on what you will use the ute for.

have you ever driven a car with a 4AGE? even a rebuilt stock smallport will give you plenty of poke in a small car.

bigport flywheel has a smaller clutch than the smallport but it will bolt up (both are 8 bolt flywheels) dizzy is interchangeable.

Bad Email Address

sr20 end of problem.do all that shit and be blown away by sr anyway

Name
    Ry
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

HAHAHAHAHAHA. No.
    This reminds me of the S13 I saw today on the side of the road. Pulled over, asked the guy what happened and his reply was "Head gasket"...
    4AGE for the win. Sell the throttlebodies and just go blacktop 20V ones.
    Actually, for what you're willing to pay, why not just go 20V?
    Less work for more power.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobxxx View Post
    I will legitimately drive nude...

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

how much power do you want to make? silvertop throttle bodies ar 42mm blacktop are 45 i'm pretty sure so as long as you can do all the fab yourself to make those throttles work then they'll be great. 20v's are a little more involved to install due to their water system but most of the stuff can be bought off a member off here, 16v are great and ahve plent yof potential for more power if you want to go bigger cams etc etc, chuckin up how much power you'd like to make people may be able to help you more with exactly what you need, a healty smallport with light work will make an easy 80kwatw so that gives you an idea, can get 100atw out of them reliably, any more than that and you'll start to sacrifice driveability

Name
    Sam
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

can you post a pic of those throttles? if you do fit them being 1mm bigger than the silvertop 42mm ones you can modify your engine as much as you want and not being restricted by them.

Does beg the question about the 20V though.

Staged injection is a great idea, who would make the manifold for you?

All 4A engine have forged rods stock

Also I suggest you click on the link in my signiture and have a look at the articles
    Last edited by Sam-Q; 17th July 2010 at 07:48 PM.
    My website: SQ Engineering - 4AGE and 3SGE upgrade/replacement parts

- SQ Engineering on facebook -

Please e-mail to contact me instead of sending a private message on here.

the throttlebodys are still rocking up so i wont have pics yet. i wont go sr or ca (even though i have a sr laying around) cause i want a little revy motor that fits. my ute weighs 615kg and has a (i think) 4.44 ratio diff stock. im not aiming for horsepower. im just gonna colect bits and pieces and put it together when im done and see how it goes. i wanted to use the throttlebodys cause i paid $60 for them lol but also they are 44mm, has a TPS and has injectors so i though i could use them as the second stage injectors insted of getting bigger ones for my head (hope that make sence). are all smallport and bigport dizzys the same? i just dont wanna get one that maybe a cas or somthing. cheers for the help guys.

Name
    Will
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

mechanically, yes as i stated before. you can use either as a CAS but you will either have to convert it to a fairly mechanical dizzy or use an ignition computer to run it standalone. Just build the engine stock, i'm sure you will be more than happy with it.

yea but thats just no fun but i hear ya. its to tempting to make it lump

Name
    Sam
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

well just getting it running as is and mod it later? who would make your manifold? I am sure your stock injectors would be enough either way however staged injection is still great but it would take a lot of tuning I think though
    My website: SQ Engineering - 4AGE and 3SGE upgrade/replacement parts

- SQ Engineering on facebook -

Please e-mail to contact me instead of sending a private message on here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast