Thread: Wiring Pinouts?

Default Wiring Pinouts?

Hey everyone,

Trying to track down the wiring pinouts for a AE86 with the good old standard 4ac. Looking for both ECU and Ignition wiring. Reason is because we are doing a SR20DE conversion and need to locate a few wires to connected to the SR20DE ECU.

Any links/pictures/information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Barnzy

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

In case you have no eyes there's an AE86 technical downloads thread in the technical downloads sub-forum.

And 4ac don't run no computers for engine or ignition so no pinouts there, unless you meant wiring diagrams?

Yes wiring diagrams mate, pinout image that show which wires connect under the igntion barrel and column!

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Use the EWD? I dunno, never tried to use that thing. seems more complicated than it needs to be. I just use the wiring diagram and get the colours off it. but be careful of that area. The wiring diagram colours are correct UPTO the black 8 pin plug. on the other side of that plug the colours and functions change to the barrel manu. colours and not toyota colours. I seen people get caught out thinking black-orange on one side is black/orange on the other.

The wires you need in toyota colours are the white (battery) and black/orange or black/red, both are ign ON.

Thanks mate, thats all I needed to know :-) appreciate the help! I did download the manual also but shit is everywhere haha!

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Yeah, never did use the big EWD. opened it up and went wtf is all this crap. used crappy 4 page jpeg diagram and it's so much easier to understand.

Also, instead of taking wires from the barrel, there's a black orange in the engine bay you should use to trigger your relay board with all the power coming from a separate dedicated power wire from the battery. If your relay boards going to be in-cabin, there's a black/orange or black/red in the passenger's kick panel too.