this thing still hasnt sold????
Just copying over from the old forums
Okay, have today purchased a new car (ie 2008 car ), so time to get rid of my Corolla (for good this time, no changing mind at last moment!!!)
1983 KE70 Corolla CS Sedan (square nose - the better looking one IMO )
Beige, done approx 230,000km
Engine:[LIST][*]JDM 16v 96kw Bigport 4age (bout 140,000 km on engine - full new gaskets 18 months ago)[*]JDM t-50 gearbox with TRD 3-puck clutch[*]4-1 custom extractors, going into 2" exhaust, magnaflow hi-flow cat going into oval shaped muffler and 3" tip???[/LIST]
- AE86 front struts with KYB Exel G shocks, King springs - kyb excel G & king springs in the rear also - nice legal height
- JDM AE86 brake setup - fully rebuilt calipers about 1500km ago, near new pads, near new vented discs (approx 1000km)
- SSR Formula Mesh 14x6.5 +10 rims with NEW Sumitomo Tyres (ie done about 600km)
- T-18 diff - drums machined about 6000km ago
- JDM AE86 tailshaft connecting gearbox to diff
- Whiteline 23mm non-adjustable swaybar up front
- Some JDM strut brace up front
- Tercel 18mm (?) rear swaybar at back, with whiteline adjustable panhard rod
- Genuine quad headlight setup (drivers side is a LHS bracket though so have had to do some modding to fit on - should be properly mounted - shouldnt take long, just didnt get around to it - have a standard grille "cut down" to size if required
- T-18 chrome bumpers (front on, rear would be provided with car) - got standard bumpers also if needed
- EFI setup -custom internal fuel pickup feeding to VL pump mounted under the car- no petrol running around in your boot
- JDM a/c compressor - custom made lines with new receiver dryer, new gas put in about 4 weeks ago - freeze your nipples off!
- Autotechnica steering wheel with boss kit - not on at the moment
- Brown interior - excellent condition
- Tacho dash
- Speedo has been recalibrated (professionally) for new diff and gearbox etc
- Central locking mechanisims in place - just have to wire up
- It did have tinted windows all around, but front has been removed
- Kenwood MP3 player with 4" speakers in front, and 6" in rear parcel shelf
- front guards have been flared - need some more paint but will probably do that before i sell it
- Rear guards have been rolled
There is probably more, but that's all that comes to mind for now.
Also, to something i think is/should be a major selling point for this, and why its probably on the "pricey" side - the car with engine is LEGAL IN SOUTH AUSTRALIA - has been taken through regency for "statement of requirements" inspection and "certificate of exemption" has been issued - engine number already updated and new sticker received. This means you can drive it around knowing that its all legal and if you have a crash etc you're covered and insurance cant f$#k you up because you've got the engine in it (although you might have it just on rego papers etc). This has been FULLY inspected by regency and given the tick of approval! Its the only one that i know of that has been done like this (if there's others they havent popped up), and basically saved me taking it through for engineering.
Has rego until early Feb 09
NO, its not the "fattest" ke70 4age out there, but i think its been tastefully done, and it isnt going to draw lots of attention from the cops etc as its just a nice clean & tidy example.
Car is located in Adelaide - north eastern suburbs.
Given everything listed above, will be looking for about $5000 firm - it may seem like alot, but i have spent well above that as we all have that modify cars, but you basically just get in and drive - all the hard stuff has been done for you! Oh, and did i mention that its legal????
Pics below, youtube 0-100km here:
Last edited by turbo_rolla; 1st January 2009 at 04:51 PM.
this thing still hasnt sold????
Still for sale, but has been some interest and a few people come out to see it and drive it, so with any luck it'll have a nice new owner soon! If you're keen and got a spare $5k (or very close to it) sitting in your pocket, let me know and we can organise something
perfect car wats going on people ?if i hadnt started my project i would have snaped this up b4 all u kents lol
Old username : hally
Beige build in the works!!
Im basically between $4800 and $5000 - had an offer of $4400 today less the bumpers and lights (which would theoretically get me $400, maybe, but prob not in todays market) cause there was "still small things to be done" (), but said no thanks.
Pretty much, not looking to do deals without parts etc - would rather sell it as is and let the person who buys it decide what they wanna keep and try to sell. If i dont get what im after, i'll keep it and take it out to track days or something. If anything, i'll sell with stock rims for $4500
For those not sure, or thinking its too much and you could do it cheaper, here's a rough guide on pricing to do whats been done to it (yes im aware you always lose money on cars etc, and not looking to recoupe every dollar i've spent).
Car - $1000 easily in stock form (i paid $1500 - minty fresh!)
JDM 16v - ~ $1200-$1500
JDM T50 - $300-$350
Short Shift kit & TRD clutch - $300
JDM tailshaft - $150-$200
T-18 Diff - $200-$300
Wheels - $650 + $400 tyres
AE86 struts - $100 bare struts say
JDM Calipers - $150-$200
Strip and rebuild calipers - $80
New Rotors for JDM brakes - $160
King Springs - $220 all around
KYB shocks - $300 all around
27mm Front Swaybar - $100
Strut Brace - $100
T-18 bumpers - $150ish
Quad Headlights - $300-$400 depending on condish
Cat convetor - $100
Aircon - custom lines, regassing etc - $700
Then you've gotta put it all on the car
Then there's the process of getting it legal (not guaranteed although i got mine through....). Do the research to put an application together, write one up, get it assessed, get various tests (emissions test ie $70), then go through regency for inspection ($180)
Im not saying, and i never have said, that this is the cleanest car out there and doesnt need things done (show me a 25 year old car that doesnt...), but this has had everything done for you and is legal. If you cut corners and scrimp around for the cheapest deals you might be able to do it a bit cheaper, but time = $$$
Anyway, thats all i wanted to put up - its not intended as a rant or anything, but more an explination of why the car is priced like it is and why im not really willing to negotiate heaps on the price!
Looks like this is just about sold. Either waiting for one of 2 things to happen:
1 - sell for $4500 without bumpers and quads, and sell them to another buyer
2. someone else interested as is for $5k but yet to look
IF you're interested (and can meet either $4900 or $5000), show your hand soon. Once confirmation on purchase of the bumpers & quads is received, its pretty much sold
Last edited by turbo_rolla; 30th December 2008 at 06:22 PM. Reason: more
Cash received, keys handed over, tears wiped away ALL sold up boys and girls! Congrats to the new owner, Dave! Hopefully you can get it out and have a bit more fun in it than i got around to doing with it!
Thanks to all who showed interest!
What was daves name on the old forum?
This thing is so clean, take care of it!
Think he's off rollaclub, but was "ke4life" or something? His brother has got a nice clean ke70, so i reckon it'll be looked after!