Thread: Rollerskate

Name
    Andy
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Default Rollerskate

So this used to be fusion's old Mira, swapped it for my TE71 so i could still have something cheap to run around in because i didn't really want to spend $200 a week on fuel driving my patrol.

So it looked like this when i got it:

then i put some wheels on it:

but they stick out a bit much so i got the grinder out and slotted some stuff, and accidentally slipped and cut the springs at the same time... so now it looks like this:

and it needs a turbo because it is too slow.

most likely will be getting a spare recaro seat in it that i have, and maybe a hydro handbrake if i can't get the rear brakes to lock any better. I want to do a coilover setup on the front as i can get the sleeve/spring kits cheap, but can't find any shock inserts for the stupid thing.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by slide86 View Post
    I will however take take the water from the washer bottle posted to a boat in the southern pacific....express please

Name
    Ian
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

you'll find that there is no other way to get decent suspension in the front other than buying coilovers from japan or going the full custom route. as far as i'm aware, the shocks are built into the actual strut, so there is no removable insert, but i haven't tried to see if they come apart yet. in the event that you get them apart, i wish you luck trying to find a shock insert small enough to go in there haha.

Name
    Andy
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

yeah all the strut legs i've found have been sealed units, i didn't look at mine hard enough to see if they come apart, if they do i'll probably just re oil them or something as they are pretty screwed. i have seen a conversion using a charade strut which was custom made with another tube.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by slide86 View Post
    I will however take take the water from the washer bottle posted to a boat in the southern pacific....express please

Name
    Dave
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

andy im not gna question ur wisdom but a te71 for a diahatsu.. man x10