Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: random little projects

Name
    Daniel
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Nice project. Much respect for the true DIY attitude.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Update?!

Not really, done nothing to the car. Still drives, engine makes noises but still living cheerfully.

Bought wheels for this car. No fitment pics yet as car is still 4 stud, will swap over to 5 stud when I get tires on the wheels.

The XR4's are off the corolla, pulled the diff out, took it to machinist to inspect the sidegears which the diff guy was upset about. Machinist says the cusco's sidegears' splines are looser than what he'd make but not as bad as what holden/ford(mass production) diffs are and things will be fine even though it is looser than a factory centre's fit.

Gearbox out sometime this week to fix the leaking rear main, make some fuel lines, put it back together and hopefully driving some time soon.

Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Wheels look cool

Will the box be out before i get back on tuesday?
    1983 AE86 ADM rust spec goodness track car build - end of the road
    1984 AE86 Silver ADM mk2 daily build - SOLD
    1984 AE86 ADM granny car daily now 4AGZE - SOLD
    1983 AE86 ADM Engine Conversion Slut - SOLD
    2002 IS200 6spd - new daily in progress
    1986 AE86 JDM GT-Apex Levin Notchback ready to roll......

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Maybe, maybe not. Probably not.

shoulda got 18's though.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Been a while, probably should mean things got done to the car but no, nothing exciting happened. Over making this one fast. On the other hand, valve stem seals are dieing so gotta put new motor in, new motor needs manifold before GT35 can go on. Putting new motor in means down time. need something else to drive.

SO, back to working on the other car. Here's a bunch of pictures of unrelated stuff.
    Making new fuel lines. Steel lines suck, al is so much easier to do.

Super quick jack tool.

Milwaukee 1/2 impact driver driving a M8 bolt which I welded to another M8 bolt with a stick welder. So awesome.

Powered by max EVDM

Innovate MTX-L for silvia, but might use it for corolla, might sell it.
    That's on my mate's 180, at idle. 264/264 cams.

Put a knock off recaro into the silvia using a genuine recaro rail with an adaptor plate I made up.

Making toe arms for silvia

Grids on another mate's 180 with 20/30 overs. Needs an 8mm to fit out 30mm overs. No way those wheels fit stock fenders.

Put a fuse panel in the boot of the corolla so I took everything off the handy storage shelf.

Almost walked into this guy. Good thing I wear an LED light on my head for when I'm working on cars at night.

Random picture of someone's coupe

I love nutserts

-12 oil lines for corolla

T28 I got the other day for corolla.

Manifold that came with turbo. Might go on silvia for time being, might sell it.

Pulled engine out yesterday

No. 4 main. what the hell does that indicate.

Just doing a quick freshen up on the CA at the moment, just doing bearing since the engine was almost out anyway doing other stuff. Trying to get engine back in car next weekend. Got an oil restrictor thingo coming from lewis engines. Slugged me like 30 bucks for postage and it wasn't even next day! Head's coming off to do oil restrictor so I might pop a piston out and check ring gaps and re-ring if necessary. In the mean time, I gotta finish mounting new fuel lines so I can connect up the brake lines and bleed (diff is dropped down low to get fuel lines over). Got like 3 or 4 week nights this week to do that stuff. On a pretty tight schedule for no reason aside from I want this car done and driving I guess. After engine's in, gonna figure out the nicest place to put the wideband sensor in.

Sometime after that is to buy another DIYBOB from diyautotune and hook the megasquirt that's for the SR to this one and start tuning and upping boost. (it's still running stock ecu so don't wanna push it on t28). Hopefully be done before end of next month and running by end of this month but unlikely at my pace.

Updates soon hopefully.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Been forever since last post. Did some stuff but not really. The lines in the previous post are bent and now mounted in car. Engine's now ready to go back in and was going to today but last check revealed that I needed to make a bracket to support the oil filter. So motor in next weekend hopefully. Gotta pull CA18 loom out and redo wiring and make it neater/more compatible to aftermarket ECU. Got rid of the grids for some 17x9 +19 sterns, pic soon.

Some stuff I done:

Made a bracket for the tail light on my bike. Cheap junk snapped when I went to tighten it.

Too lazy to put a belt on so did this all day:

had welder out making a turbo oil filter bracket and I been meaning to this so I did:
    mocking up turbo location.

GT35 is so small these days.

What I ended up with at end of work:

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Rears are on. In reality I need to put a 215 on those, roll the lip up on the quarters and pull out some camber but it'll do for now.

Roof's in primer because it was starting to rust. Got all the dents out of it while we were working on it. Patched up the spoiler holes properly. Dude just put masking tape on the holes, tapped the area down and bogged over it. Goddamn muppets. Gonna primer the bonnet and boot this week maybe and the rest of the car will follow soon.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Need camber tops.

On another note I found out that the car has short stroke tokicos.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Wee little update.
    Car has 4 of the same wheel on it as of today and looks like the below.

310mm R34 brakes stops car way better than tiny stock NA brakes but it's probably more to do with tires that are cost more than 70 bucks. and eventually I'll put the stock brakes onto the corolla as a test model and then switch to z32 280mm pots or something later on.

Looks alright in that picture but not great. Sits at 115mm off the ground so I need to buy some coilovers now and reduce that number closer to 100mm.

In other news, I picked this up off the side of the road.

Cut this out.

From here.

Cut the back half off it for test fit.

and final install.

yes it's dodgey as all hell but it works sweet. Just gotta straighten up the wheel so it doesn't rub.

Swapped cranks out of that bike as well since I thought my bike kept throwing the chain off because the front gears were so worn. Turns out the problem was stretched chain. So I put a new chain on it too. Also got some tires at the tip for 2 bucks each. So good. They're probably rock hard from being in the sun for so long but it makes for sweet backwards facing skids into the driveway. The last tire I got for the bike was one I found on the side of the road in an empty lot and was in the same condition too. Now I can do skids without having to worry about tire costs.

Non-bike stuff, pulled the loom off, moved some stuff, put some, new connectors and seals on, re-wrapped and labelled it.

Put a egt probe and wideband in the down/front pipe.

Cool looking shot, for no reason.

There's probably more but I either haven't taken a photo of it or uploaded it to photobucket yet.

Name
    Tom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Lol so is that what It looked like...

The trd kit looks a totally different shade of white in that pic :/
    1983 AE86 ADM rust spec goodness track car build - end of the road
    1984 AE86 Silver ADM mk2 daily build - SOLD
    1984 AE86 ADM granny car daily now 4AGZE - SOLD
    1983 AE86 ADM Engine Conversion Slut - SOLD
    2002 IS200 6spd - new daily in progress
    1986 AE86 JDM GT-Apex Levin Notchback ready to roll......

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast