Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: random little projects

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Bought this. For no reason, other than it was cheap. Always wanted to try one of these. Anyone got a base tune for CA/SR?

Corolla runs all sweet with a partial rebuild. Ran it up onto boost for the first time after upgrading to t28 and 12psi actuator and maxed the AFM aaaaaand "boost cut". Makes the car useless to drive so got to putting the megasquirt and the heap of shit doesn't receive a trigger signal. Got a few more ideas to try but it seemed easier to use something that works so punched vipec into ebay, found a v44, told a mate about it and he bought it from under me and then decided he maybe didn't want it so we went halfsies.
    Last edited by Skylar; 24th August 2013 at 11:59 PM.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Finished welding and painting the knuckle side brackets today so I threw them on the car. Aligned it by eye and the car has less rear grip at 0 toe than 8mm toe out (per side). ???

They cost me like 50 bucks each to make, which is cool.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Cut the plug off an na ecu. Still need to get a tuning cable but patch harness should be done pretty soon.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Vipec's reading a crank signal now(helps if you wire it to the right set of pins, lol).

Megasquirt's seeing stuff on the triggers but it ain't translating it successfully into an rpm signal.

Both have working injector and coil drives.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Got the engine running using the vipec with a little help from Tom. Got a little problem with it though. I moved the ignitor into the cabin thinking it'd be a sweet idea having it in a place easy to get to and all but it's making the lap top freak out and bluescreen when I give it a rev. and that's with the laptop on the (driver's side) roof of the car, not even in the car.

Ugh, in the mean time, I guess I'll do logs onto the onboard memory and tune using that. I'm gonna buy more denso coils off Mr. Kellam in the long run and adapt them to CA. That'll fix it.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Almost 3 months later, I put the coils on.

Made a little ignitor delete harness. Would have preferred that it was full plug in but ended up having to depin the 4 pin connector and use 6 pins since the shop didn't have 4 pins in stock.

And now it happily idles at whatever AFR I feel like making it run at. Runs smooth enough at that AFR even though the engine doesn't run idle control(because it's broken).

I got some modular bosch injectors for the CA. 900cc single cone spray pattern things. They've been sitting in a box for a few months now.

In other news, almost bought a blacktop S13SR out of a 180. Gonna go swap some parts around off a redtop S13SR because of salt damage. Probably gonna pick up a 2560 the guy has laying around as well. Should be able to drop it in over the christmas break. Then get onto wiring the megasquirt into it. No, wait, I made a patch harness for the SR loom 3 years ago. So I guess I'm going to just plug the megasquirt in.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Exedy stage 2 for SR with "thick" disc.

Freshly machined JUN lightweight flywheel !

Got ARP flywheel and pressure plate bolts coming too.

In other news, thanks to Anthony at Kaizen garage, I got some new coils for the CA and Nikkojoe's 4A. Didn't take a picture but here's a picture of SR coils I mounted up on the CA.

Started tuning the corolla up and down the street on the vipec. It's got this sweet feature called a "mixture map" which plots your logged afr's for against the fuel map cells and tells you the variance from your target afr map. It also shows how bad it's out by colour coding the cells. Makes tuning way quicker than with adaptronic when we were tuning Nikkojoe's car a few years back. I'll post up some pics when I'm on the laptop next. Although it took a little getting used to I'm pretty happy with the impulse (bargain) buy that was the vipec v44.

Name
    Robbo
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I'll only believe this thing moves when I see it

Former Cars: 1992 300zxTT ***SOLD*** ----------------1984 Daily 20v AE86 ***PARTED OUT*** =(
    1983 Daily GZE86 **No Longer**sniff**-------------------------1984 JDM Daily ***SOLD***
    2001 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 7 GSR--------------------------'Sonic' 2012 Blue Toyota 86 GTS ***SOLD***
    Current Cars:
    Project Ugly Duckling - 1984 AE86 SR drift car ------------------Daily JDM Trueno GT-APEX hatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerby86 View Post
    I said it cos it is possibly one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this forum. And I remember when Klutch was on here so that is saying something!!

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Datalog from this morning's drive. Enough proof for ya?

Mixture map !

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

More stuff came.

All I need now is a dump pipe and front pipe. I still need to pick up the motor too.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast