Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 152

Thread: Your Suspension Setup

  1. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Name
    Akio
    State
    Other
    Location
    Mt Haruna
    Country
    Japan
    Posts
    720

    Default


    TO REMOVE ADS, PLEASE
    REGISTER OR SIGN IN
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    Brakes: front hoppers stoppers kit using AU twin piston calipers and AU 290mm discs
    Quote Originally Posted by ke70dave View Post
    only thing i can see "unheard of in ae86 circles" about his setup, is the front rotors and calipers?
    Quote Originally Posted by takai View Post
    Rotors and calipers are a bit different, although easily fited to any AE86 especially with a 5stud swap.
    Rear 4link is rarer but not unheard of.
    again not really unheard of in the brake department either, ive got a similar set up and still 4x114

    4 link is not that uncommon either, maybe in a street car but not in the race cars or drift cars.

    if its the MR2 shocks again not really i remember this was the go back in the old toymods days. ae92 where the shocks of choice back then too.

  • #42
    Senior Member Medwin_3sGTE_AE86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Location
    Southern
    Country
    Australia
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJPS View Post
    what is unheard of in your set up?
    Another display of your child like IQ level Dave... Sadly, those with a similar level of maturity will (again) find humour in your pathetic attempt at creating an argument.... How about we quote the whole post and pick it apart together (instead of just the bit you want to make an argument from), think you can handle that Dave?...
    Quote Originally Posted by Medwin_3sGTE_AE86 View Post
    Car: AE86
    Car use (e.g grip/drift): Grip, Hill Climb, Circut
    Front Struts: AE86, Custom Coilovers
    Brakes: BA Falcon Rotors, 4-Pot AP Racing Calipers
    Spring Rate/ Free Height: 7kg/200mm
    Inserts (brand/model): KYB AGX SW20 (shortened strut 40mm)
    LCA's: Standard
    RCA's (size if you have them): None
    Strut Tops: T3
    Front Sway Bar: Whiteline
    Castor Arms: Standard
    Rear Springs: Standard
    Rear Shocks: Koni Adjustables
    Panhard Rod: Whiteline
    4 Link: Equal Length Nolathane Bushed
    Rear Swaybar: None
    Bracing:
    Cams Approved 6-Point Cage
    T3 Strut/TriBrace
    Pro's: Virtually unheard of setup (in AE86 circles) working exactly as was intended. Simple yet very effective.
    Con's: None as yet.
    Yeah, fair enough, coilovers with AGX shocks & 7kg springs aren't unheard of. Im yet to see or hear of another 86 with 4-piston AP calipers with falcon rotors mounted on the correct hubs (falcon hubs), anyone can re-drill a suitable rotor to suit thir existing hub, has anyone ever studied the standard wheel bearings in an 86?! I'll grab a pic of the falcon hub with ruler, see if you can figure out why I insisted on fitting them. As for the rear, find another 86 running no sway bar at all, in a developed proven setup using standard springs (note, a developed 86, not some 17yr old who found out how to operate a grinder....)
    Pull your head out of your 30yr old arse and get a life Dave, you're pathetic. I'll look forward to your reply that will no doubt be a personal attack as when you have no other genuine argument to present, personal attacks always look good in your follower's eyes, dont they?!
    PS. I got your message - "Medwin is giving TAS a bad reputation" haha are you really that narrow minded?!
    PSS. Tein's you're selling at a 150% mark up I can readily get (overnight, infact), and am all too happy to continue selling on for my trade price, thats what "helping the community" is, not lining your own pockets whilst bullshitting promises that you're doing super deals to unsuspecting noobs who dont bother to shop around because they want that oh so brilliant ajps sticker.....

  • #43
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Name
    Dave
    State
    QLD
    Location
    Brisbane
    Country
    Australia
    Posts
    2,666

    Default

    now who's making the pathetic attempt to start an argument?

    the falcon hub sounds like a cool setup, how'd you get it to fit on there? you retaining the ae86 axel? or you weld on a falcon one or something?

    oh yer and littleredspirit/ruiki's red car had no rear sway bar, as of about a year ago.

    enjoy the argument!
    In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
    - Blaise Pascal

  • #44
    todd
    Guest

    Default

    DO YOU REMEMBER THREAD ALL OVER AGAIN YAYAYayayay

  • #45
    Veteran Skylar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Location
    Perth
    Country
    Australia
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medwin_3sGTE_AE86 View Post
    As for the rear, find another 86 running no sway bar at all, in a developed proven setup using standard springs
    I'm running no rear anti-roll bar (and by choice too, not because the diff doesn't have mounts on it) but I'm not man enough to run stock springs. I need me a cage to try and get that much diagonal wedge out of the chassis.

  • #46
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Location
    Eastern
    Country
    Australia
    Posts
    4,712

    Default

    Oh medwin shut the fuck up no one cares that you have Falcon brake rotors and stock rear springs.
    RT142 Estate.

    AJPS.

  • #47
    Senior Member ROLL3R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Well said. +1 for Medwin to "Shut The Fuck Up".
    " I swear its stock officer. Just don't get me to park next to another Ke70 "

  • #48
    Sherlock
    Guest

    Default

    Properly silenced him.

  • #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Name
    Akio
    State
    Other
    Location
    Mt Haruna
    Country
    Japan
    Posts
    720

    Default

    medwin, im also running a falcon hub. whats your point there?

  • #50
    Senior Member Rip it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Name
    Jake
    State
    TAS
    Location
    Hobart
    Country
    Australia
    Posts
    195

    Default


    TO REMOVE ADS, PLEASE
    REGISTER OR SIGN IN
    ^^ Yes, yes you did!!
    People, Medwin is one of a kind. Everyone who has been a member of the previous 86DC would know this. When you are born with the silver spoon(s) hanging from the very over worked mouth, one tends to act a little different from the rest. Please don't hold it against the rest of us Tasmanians.
    Lawson, I trust you will lose no sleep over this and know that Medwins mouth will not bring you and your products down, I'm not blowing wind up your arse just stating the fact that I and many will do business with you again.

    Jake.
    I got nothing.

  • Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. (SA) *E7*/86 BC/AJPS Rear Suspension setup/ 2871r turbo setup
      By sleeper_13 in forum Car Parts For Sale
      Replies: 3
      Last Post: 25th July 2012, 01:06 AM
    2. Need Help With Suspension Setup
      By ArbPotatoes in forum Technical - Questions
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: 30th June 2009, 10:51 PM
    3. ke70 suspension setup
      By biggo in forum Car Parts For Sale
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: 9th January 2008, 12:16 PM
    4. WTB::: suspension setup
      By winslow in forum Cars or Parts Wanted
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: 16th August 2007, 04:53 PM
    5. suspension setup
      By AE86_4life in forum Technical - Questions
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: 1st November 2006, 08:43 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •