Australia

what offset are those wheels? looks good need better pics tho

Name
    Pat
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

wheels are 8 -6 front i think and 8.5 -6 or -8 rear.

without the adjustable panhard rod its sitting a little off, but still think it needs another 10mm or so up.

front was PERFECT fit, but the wheels hit the coilovers so i had to run spacers. smallest i could find on short notice was 8mm, if anyone knows of or has some 5's help a brother out lol.
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

Name
    Pat
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

all wheels are running 195 50 15
    06/07/2011

Name
    Pat
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

alright you judgemental shitbags.....

more underwater pics.

the lovely anna has been into me to get my shit sorted and have the cars ready o go to tass.

So the plan is to get the 86 running, then packed up and ready to get transported.

The silver sled is to be running as daily so when we sell annas red rocket of fury, we can still get around in styles mo fo...

so i have rearranged the "shed" to allow me the room to in and out the engine while i modify the mounts and then get the 86 running. It also means the lounge room is no longer the workshop, so i can throw a wall up and get the house ready for sale.

so i started here....

then here...

yes... moving a couple hundred kilos of engine up a hill by yourself on the grass in the rain is FARKINGSHITCUNTAWFUL

progress of a kind....

and then i ate a BANNANA MAN.....

and then set a new rear height for the silver sled.... pimpin?

and the new daily.... chics love styles boys........

in some of the pics you can see the final proper ride height for ke70.... made a bi more room in all the guards and raised everything 10mm, so there is a LOT less scrubbing.

still only have on brake caliper working though. The passenger doesnt want to bleed. at all. cant get any fluid out of the caliper at all..... still the one side braking is better than both the old ones
    Last edited by fantapants; 26th September 2010 at 11:18 PM.
    06/07/2011

Name
    Jon
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

love it mate! sweet daily

Name
    Pat
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

does anyone have any interest in helping me with my willwoods??? for the life of me i cant get the left caliper to bleed????

its killing me, i have tried like 6 times lol. There is fluid coming out of the hardline to the softline junction, so its not a blockage in the body lines. Sometimes there is a dribble out of the lowest bleed nipple, but essentially nothing comes out of the bleed points at all.

im sick of running round the car pressing the brakes and running back checking.... blah blah blah

also does anyone know if the "character line" of the ke70 is meant to be horizontal or not?

cheers lads....

of yeah....

burst of enthusiasm...
    06/07/2011

Name
    James
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

fuck yeah!!

Name
    Pat
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

got to play on the car today.

got a "both wheels pointing in the same direction" kind of wheel alignment.

sorted the passenger caliper bleed problem.

learnt the "hard" way not to rest things on the boot of the car when "massaging the guards"

all up successfull. if i have clearanced the guard enough, ill get to drive it to training tomorow
    06/07/2011

Name
    Pat
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

soooooo

been pissisting down here for a couple o weeks now. I had noticed in the rain that the car was ROOLY unsteady. Kinda knew all along that my "kinda in the same direction" wheel alignment wasnt great, so after a particularly treacherous run to the airport in the rain this morning, i decided to do something about it.

got me a bunnings spec wheel alignment jobbie... and blow me down, 28mm toe in. no wonder the lil things were not holding on so well

got it to 0 with my awesome dodgyness, but honestly could be + - 2 or 3 mm really lol. drove a lot better, but i do miss the light stearing at turn in

then onto the brakes.

Spent the afternoon playing with the drivers side caliper. Fresh of the boat the caliper never sat really straight. Actually it was all over the joint, off by about 3mm top to bottom. This had been compouded by me being lazy and just fitting it, and then the wheel bearings working slightly loose, prolly due to the above mentioned toe in situation.... and it was creating the most horendous noises at low speed ....along with all the other embaressing noises a ke70 with a hole in the zorst makes.

So yeah, not the cleanest solution i have ever come up with, but 2 small 316 srainless washers at the top mount and 1 small stainless washer at the bottom has her sitting almost perfectly flush.... and no more silly noise. well that silly noise anyways.

Engine times are a coming, as the 4k has quite a knock in the bottom end lol and a really leaky slushbox.

7age is the plan once i get the beams running in the 86.

Will be a simple enough build, 7a bottom with all cleaned and balanced crank and rods, blacktop pistons, blacktop head and adaptronic comp.

Have a sneaky plan to run a 6 speed, have to wait for the stars to align to see if it will work, but if it does, yay, if not, t50 will do for now.

Once i have either succesfully built that engine and all is good... or its shit itself cos i did something wrong, ill be building a more substantial bottom end with forged rods et all for a later move to forced induction. nothing crazy, focusing again on torque, but just something to toy with.

thanks for reading ladys, stay classy new york!
    06/07/2011

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast