Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Will give this a try...help wanted for 86!

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Tom, the wiring on this car is pretty messy. I seen it, and you know it's bad if I think it's bad.

I don't know if anyone can weld alu here but can I suggest riveting a steel bracket onto your rad support? Make stuff in steel which everyone can weld.

Tell me how long you want the clutch line with what ends and I can make it with speedflow stuff from go-gear. My teflon line cost me a hundred bucks including fittings.

Airbox should be real easy to make. Just get some aluminium sheet and put a 90 degree bend in it then cut it out where the pipe goes through. or mold one out of fibreglass.

Did you have a high mount or low? I thought your exhaust fit fine? or are you going to quieten it down?

Name
    Brendon
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I got ripped off hard coz i was new to 86's at the time. When i got it, it had no rims or tyres, no seat's, no steering wheel, no engine, no brake lines, no gear box crossmember, no fuel setup, shit house wiring, rust everywhere and shitloads more. But for whats in it you couldn't rebuild it for less than about $15g. I don't mean to sound like a tosser or you to think i'm big headed but i think it's one of the most heavily modified 86's in WA for something that isn't a dedicated track car.

Name
    Brendon
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I'm down with that. The more hands the better

Name
    Brendon
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Tom, the wiring on this car is pretty messy. I seen it, and you know it's bad if I think it's bad.

All i need to do is move it so i can put the ecu behind the center garnish. It was messy but it worked

I don't know if anyone can weld alu here but can I suggest riveting a steel bracket onto your rad support? Make stuff in steel which everyone can weld.

Not really an option as some of the rivets would have to go into my fmic to secure th bracket firmly

Tell me how long you want the clutch line with what ends and I can make it with speedflow stuff from go-gear. My teflon line cost me a hundred bucks including fittings.

Justt needs to be standard 86 length with standard ends

Airbox should be real easy to make. Just get some aluminium sheet and put a 90 degree bend in it then cut it out where the pipe goes through. or mold one out of fibreglass.

I have one semi made up but i don't like it very much.

Did you have a high mount or low? I thought your exhaust fit fine? or are you going to quieten it down?

Low mount. Exhaust fits fine but is dead straight with no cat. It sits too low and only just clears under the diff

Name
    Brendon
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Good news everyone. haha

Got the wiring all sorted out today after many cuts, swearing and some Beams. It look's alot neater now Skylar so you should come see it (and maybe wire in my horn and washer bottle haha)

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Cool, good to see you working on it.

When you say clutch line, you mean the rubber hose or metal line? cuz I was thinking the full line in teflon from master to slave.

You have an F-series right? I don't think a rear anti-roll bar will bolt on because the pumpkin is now too big. You need a custom one or space out stock one whichever way it goes.

I might be able to come by next weekend but this weekend is pajero motor back in + assemble SR.

Name
    Brendon
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Teflon from master to slave would be a hell of a lot easier. How much would it cost. I can give you the old steel and rubber one to match length.
    I have a whiteline one that fits but i'm missing the adjustable ends if that makes sense.

Name
    Tim
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I've got a passenger seat from a Levin sitiing here.
    You can have for free as long as you pick up before Monday.

Name
    Ken
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

This is what I was meant to ask last post. Which side is the slave on? I bought a metre and only used like 60cm for my car(slave on driver's side). It was ~100 for 2x m10x1 or inverted flare (can't remember) to -4, 2x -4 90 and a metre of -4 teflon. I still have one of each sitting around because I didn't have enough room to run it and ended up with a m10x1 banjo straight and -4 straight.

So it's just a matter of ordering the chassis side mounts and maybe links for the ARB? or you wanna try make something?

Name
    Brendon
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Shit yeah.PM me your addy and i'll come round sunday arvo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast