Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ayden's Kouki Trueno

Name
    Richard
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

good to see my hard work going to some use, build a bottom end man this thing will be NA sex on wheels.

that pic makes me miss seeing that under my bonnet

PROTEK TYRE AND AUTO
    SQ ENGINEERING
    NCCE

DRFTR86 & FATKE.....DOSEING COROLLAS SINCE 2009

Name
    Ayden
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

some better photos, I'm getting the front end painted up soon so should look pretty good

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

hey champ, whered you buy your eyelids from.. toyota? new?? what where they worth?
    im chasing a set now mine are cracked

will definately keep an eye on this.. be great to see a black grey trueno as mint as this when you get it painted.

Name
    Ayden
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

okay well finally a few thing have arrived!

first up i bought a set of VDO Cockpit series gauges, they look great at awesome value for money just have to get them installed properly got them from AIRCO in marrickville good guys they new exactly what i needed with appropriate sensors and fittings.

Here is a mock up of how they will sit, bit annoying as i bought a autometer din holder for them from justjap but its too big for the dash surround! so they sit in a bit but you cans see the dials clear enough.

The next load of parts I got were from the US, first is a set of pretty crazy high compression Arias pistons. Details are listed on the box

And i also bought a set of ARP rod bolts and a Cometic 1mm metal headgastket

Only issue at the moment is i'm not entirely sure if i want to go ahead with the engine that i was going to because I worked out the cams are very large, about 304 duration and 10mm lift which will be massive on a street motor. Also i just want to hurry up and have a set of quads and cams in the shortrun even though this is the better way of doing it. So currently all the motor gear is up for a possible sale but still pretty undecided

Another purchase i'm making tonight is picking up another pair of wheels for the Annual with some Advan's on them. Also just bought a set of Queensland friction materials A1RM brake pads

Name
    Tim
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

gonna be sweeeeeet!

Name
    Ayden
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

okay big updates!

I've been driving my car down to Canberra for the past 3 weeks for work and the car has been running awesome. On saturday i drove home it didnt miss a beat then I was about to leave again to go out and then TWO streets from mine the car just shits itself! So lucky that it happened here and not half way between Sydney and Canberra though.

So i pop the bonnet go over the usual stuff and thats all perfect so i try to start it and I hear like a flapping noise and just realise fuck its something to do with the timing belt. So i take off the timing cover and the belt is loose as hell and realise that the timing belt tensioner has snapped off the bracket and the spring is sitting at the bottom.

And now I started to weigh up my options of what to do as I knew it wasnt going to be a cheap fix knowing my luck. So that night we towed the car to the mechanics up the road and the mechanic told me that it shouldnt be too bad as all I'll need is a new tensioner, belt and I may as well do the water pump while its there and because the tensioner bracket snapped off he could take one off his 4ages at home. All was well for the next few days while I thought they were fixing it until I get a call today saying that it was going to cost me another 150 because the bracket for the tensioner is attached to the oil pump so the whole sump would have to come off!

So there I was thinking I could spend 700 on getting the timing belt tensioner fixed! or just get a new motor as 4ages are less than 1k or get the motor rebuilt which is what I was planning on doing just not this soon.

Obviously getting it rebuilt is the best decision but also the most expensive and time consuming which is very annoying considering I need my car for work but at least I wont be getting anymore $338 speeding tickets.

So There we have it I've decided to finally get all the junk that's been sitting on my bedroom floor for the past 6 months and get them to use! Only annoying thing is that not only am I only in Sydney during the weekend i'm leaving for Switzerland in less than a month so time is tight.

In the mean time i've also bought an Eagle Vacuum manifold for the quads, Brembo front slotted rotors, 88rotor rear slotted rotors and AJPS rear springs as the rear is annoyingly low so i'll get some photos of everything soon

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

what the fuck is your occupation?...i mean this in the most complimentable way hahah

damh engine problems are always the first thing to happen but the last thing you want with these cars...
    dose

Name
    Ayden
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

hahaha I'm a subbie elevator installer for Schindler and i'm just a trades assistant so I get paid real good money instead of a apprientice but long hours and no benefits.

Definitely very annoying but at least this is giving me the push to do the rebuild finally

todd

my damn schidnler lift always breaks down at work hahaha....

goodluck with the engine dramas though!

Name
    Ayden
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

hahaha yeah you'll get that sometimes, luckily I just do installs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast