Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: 4AGE into ADM AE86/AE71 Wiring guide

Name
    Chris
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

so...you guys are going to hate me soon enough haha...i really have never done wiring like this before...

with the injector power feed, it says to tap into it with switched 12v and +B1 and +B need switched 12v...can i run them all off the same relay?

what size fuse would be good for that?

where can i tap into for that?

COR
    for the STA feed, do i just splice that into the starter trigger wire just before the starter?

for the IG+ feed, can i just run a line from the coil +?

sorry for the absolute PILE of questions...i suck at this shit...

if anyone in SA feels like finishing off the wiring, let me know and we can chat $$$

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Main relay is good to supply injectors and coil and igniter with power.

efi relay is triggered off the main relay and provides power to the ecu and fuel pump. Join +b and +b1 together it will be ok.

Hope that helps a little
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Chris
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

i am going to be all good to just loop the trigger feed for the coil relay into the injector, +b1 and +b relay?

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I'll modify that pic you uploaded to include the efi and main relays ...
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Chris
    State
    South Australia
    Country
    Australia

soo....im back! lol

i hope i have done the right thing with the firewall wiring, i think i have but just want to run it by you guys to see

on the t18 you have a 6 pin plug on the firewall, it has Reverse lights, starter trigger, oil pressure gauge and water temp guage

i have taken the corresponding wires on the AE86 plug (rwd loom) as according to this page, and fashioned them into a female plug to join the OEM T18 male plug

having done that, i can now use the OEM ae86 wires on the loom for the same 5 wires?

and if i then take the feed from the orange black trigger, i can feed that into the 86 loom and feed it to the relay for the coil?

heaps of questions, heaps of thanks for any previous and future help!

Name
    Neko
    State
    Guam
    Country
    Yona

Would you guys happen to know if my gts would wire right up to a 2rz swap off a 98 tacoma? If you guys have a pinout of the wiring for the gts that would be very helpful.thanks

Name
    Tore Daniel
    State
    Norway
    Country
    Norway

I am starting to get the gist of this, but still have a lot of questions

"Lastly run a wire from terminal 30 on the relay to the battery +ve."

So from terminal 30 on coil relay, to the battery AND Vee pin no.16 on 18-pin plug?
    And does the coil relay need a fuse? In that case, how big?

"-On 14 pin plug, Pin 7 (+B1) and Pin 14 (+B ) can be connected together, and go to ignition (or can come off a relay you used for coil power)"

So I can cut these two, then splice them, and nevermind the wires that goes out to the harness?
    Or do I join all 4 ends and then give them 12v IGN switched power via relay? And do they need a fuse and in that case how big?

"For fail safe starting, you may also need to give power to injectors (Yellow wire found on 10Pin plug, Pin 10 (BF)) by joining a wire into the yellow wire and giving it 12V on iginition (again, use the same relay that you may have used for coil, but might be drawing too much current)."

So I definitely give this a separate 12v relay, but again, fuse? How big?

Do I run a separate wire to Fuel Pump relay? In that case, which wire to use for relay signal? And in that case is it a earthed wire or a 12v signal wire? (Earth=86 and join 30 and 85, 12v signal=86)

And what about all the loose plugs around the loom? Lots of 2 and 3-pin plugs, square, round, triangle you name it, just nvm them and use isolating tape?

Thanks a lot for making this guide, at first I didnt understand much and thought it was contradictive, but using my brains I managed to make sense out of most of it
    Last edited by Tore; 31st July 2014 at 12:55 PM.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

For the fuel pump wiring this should help. If you don't have the FOC or open circuit relay, you can put 2 relays back to back and achieve the same results.

With the fuse sizes, 15amp should be enough, but ultimately if you ran wire capable of carrying 30 amps, there is no reason why you couldn't put in a 30amp fuse either. Its not going to hurt.

The round plugs that are spare on the loom you have are mostly for diagnostic connectors. They have rubber caps on them from factory.

Name
    Tore Daniel
    State
    Norway
    Country
    Norway

I just put 4 relays on the same IGN signal, 1 for Fuel pump (30A), 1 for Coil (30A), 1 for +b and +b1 (both 30A) and 1 for failsafe injectors (also 30A) and one straight from batt (7,5A)

Donno about back to back wiring, seems easier to do IGN (Black-Yellow)-Relay-Fuel Pump? The only disadvantage would be that it`s going to run when engine isnt running when IGN is on?

Name
    Brett
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

got a wiring question I thought I would ask here. helping a dude wire his ae71, bigport 4age out of a ae82 seca. the engine harness has a fuse box apart of it. can this be unplugged and the wires tapped up? ive never seen a 4age powered e7 with the fuse box from the donor car used before, or are they just hidden under the dash? I think ive worked out the rest of the wiring. but just to be sure, the body loom ecu plug can be cut free from the fuse boxes and just wired accordingly? and there is a rely looking thing on the ecu, is this the fuel pup relay that everyone is talking about? can this also be cut free from the fuse boxes and wired or just not used? any help appreciated

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast