Thread: HOW TO: 4AGE into ADM AE86/AE71 Wiring guide

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yes the 3rd ecu plug cut it out of the body loom , but to save yourself some time cut it after the fuel open circuit relay which is on the ecu. I follow the ae82 wiring when getting constant power to the ecu and tap into the brake switch.

As for the fuse box in the bay, if you trace the wires you will find them to be alternator wiring and thermo fan that goes in there. If you rip the loom apart and remove all alternator wiring it is the neatest way of doing it.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Brett
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Thanks man. Pretty much just cut off everything I didn't need, took out all the loose wiring, taped it back up plugged it in and the car ran lol. Just got to do the cor properly and sus out a fuel pump issue. Not my car, just helping a dude out but I've never converted a fwd loom before. Now that I have I could do it again but even neater.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I pull them right down and remove the stuff for the dash cluster + alternator + thermo fan wiring from the original loom. Reroute the wires so they sit in the right spot and tape it back up again.

From memory the only wires that really need extending are the coil because i locate it in front of the passenger tower.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Brett
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I did have a about 4 left over wires that didn't end up connecting to anything. So they where probly for the stock thermos. If I had to do one again I would be able to do it heaps quicker and neater. First time was nervous about completely cuttinf wires about that where left so left them hanging out of the tape just incase they needed to be joined to something. But it all seems ok.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Has been a while since anyone updated this thread, mostly because all the information is there. I spent a couple of days composing a video of a high level how to wire the 4age and the result is here.

It isn't a step by step, but if you use the information in this thread + other research you should be able to wire up any car.

I go through identifying the 4age (bigport, smallport, 20v silver, 20v black) and how to read the wiring diagram. I finish up by going through each of the wires and how to connect them up.

I'll be doing more, but hopefully someone finds the video useful.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9