Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Wakarimasen

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Everything is mounted up now, so i'm down to a few little bits and pieces - and making the headers.

Also, my clutch pedal is ridiculously soft, like almost accelerator pedal soft - i can see the clutch slave rod is moving ~2cm maybe (not sure if this is enough, but it doesn't seem it) .. so i think it might be busted? It just doesn't feel right.

*Oh, and i have bled the clutch, with some fluid that's been in a bottle for a few months - so questionable quality - but no air in the system.
    Last edited by 70XIN; 5th April 2011 at 01:13 AM.
    4AGE & 7AGE Forged Connecting Rods - Lightweight Flywheels - And Much More

^ Clicky clicky!

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Actually i lied, i just went and double checked - it seems really really light for the first 10 or so cm, then alot better for the last 5+ cm. What does this mean? I'm literally brain-dead as fuck tonight

^ Clicky clicky!

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

this happens alot after doing a clutch in an ls1/ls2 powered vehicle. After working at a holden dealer for 8 years i got pretty used to doing these........LOL

the best way i found to fix this after bleeding the clutch was too (this may seem harsh but it worked everytime) clutch kick the shit outta the clutch about 10 times.........i mean hard, like stab stab stab stab to the floor and back, then see how it is..........i know it doesnt sound right

or

check stuff like crimp the soft line and push the clutch in, if it still goes in a bit then you know you have a master cyl fault, but if its rock solid then it will be a slave or clutch fork problem.
    Last edited by slide86; 5th April 2011 at 01:55 AM.

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hahaha, i'll give that a go Another thing i thought of, is maybe i need to adjust the clutch pedal? (Have changed clutch from a very well worn TRD unit, to something brand-new).

^ Clicky clicky!

Name
    Daniel
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Just wanted to say what an awesome build thread

I learnt so much about measuring compression and it's awesome to see someone take the time out to explain it all

You've made me want to go and rebuild a motor just for the learning experience

Look forward to updates

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Haha cheers mate, i appreciate the comments

I have fitted a new clutch slave, and the pedal is still pretty soft - maybe i should lay off the roids? But srsly, not sure where to go from here. The bottom ~10cm or so of pedal is slightly firm, but still nothing like the old clutch.

^ Clicky clicky!

Name
    Huw
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

hrrrmmmmm. i dont suppose you know if there is any slave cyl movement when the pedal is soft? if the slave isnt moving during that first half of pedal travel then its a hydraulic OR the rod length is to long (i think thats the way it works) i have to visualise it in my head

Name
    Pat
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

change in pressure plate???? something really simple????

does the clutch engage and disengage properly?
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

Name
    Pat
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

actually thinking about it, and i could be properly wrong,

but im assuming the way you did the box conversion meant the slave, lever, lever pin, et al are the same throughout.

so the only difference in the equation is the length of the drive shaft. If the shaft is a bit longer than u expected..............

the spinny bearing thingy ( brain fart cos i just finished training ) might be a touch further back from the clutch face than befor, and this movement is taking up the slack?

please ignore if this makes no sense
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Yep, i used a whole new clutch (pressure plate and all). I don't know if the clutch is engaging and disengaging properly, the car doesn't run, so all i can comment on is the clutch slave moving and the pedal feel haha.

And yes, the way i did the conversion, everything should be in the same position as the T50 stuff. Even used a T50 bearing carrier and bearing, so literally everything should be the same. Don't worry, you DO make sense, i don't understand gearboxes too well either, so i explain things in a similar way hahaha. But as you assumed, everything with this gearbox is in exactly the same position as it was before with the T50, so there shouldn't be any slack for it to take up.

And slide86, as soon as someone gets home, i'll measure the distance the rod moves - as well as if it moves when the pedal is super soft.

^ Clicky clicky!

Page 18 of 59 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast