Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Wakarimasen

Name
    James
    State
    ViC
    Country
    Australia

Hey 70xin keep up with the good work
    I'm bit lost are you running a full 20v 4age top and bottom block or are you running a 4age 20v head block with a 7age bottom block?

Name
    Brad
    State
    Canterbury
    Country
    New Zealand

He is running a 7age. A blacktop 20v head with 7afe block. Oh and I wouldn't worry about paint. It's tidy as it is. Maybe just deeper wheels and more low. Love this car!

Name
    Clay
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

i like it the way it is all original and shiz.
    but then again it is fairly modifyed already...

you just wanna be like robbo rocking your 7a powered white coupe with te37

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hahaha yeah something like that plus te37's and watas are about the only wheels that seem to look 'right' on a panda car. Ah well!

I got the car finished off - and i got it to run - once, then it doesn't want to do it again - it also pinged BAD just trying to drive it down my flat driveway. I have no way of checking what's going on inside the adaptronic, but it smells like alot of fuel. I guess i'll just have to tow it down to the tuners.

I think i'm going to go with crossley's, unless anyone knows someone else i should be taking it to in brissy that has 4A/adaptronic experience?
    4AGE & 7AGE Forged Connecting Rods - Lightweight Flywheels - And Much More

^ Clicky clicky!

Name
    Brad
    State
    Canterbury
    Country
    New Zealand

Get some te37v's and get the best of both the look of watas ( old school dished wheel ) and te37s ( one of the best styled wheel available. In bronze would look nice as.

Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

There are poeple out there who can plug a lappy into your adapt and tell you in 5 seconds what you have done wrong.

People like me.

Save yourself some money and learn to do it yourself? You seem like a smart young man........ and handsome too
    85' JDM TA63 GTTR sedan - Godlike
    89' JDM GZ20 Soarer - 1jz + R154 bus

Quote Originally Posted by joeschmo_57 View Post
    I tried to sell my virginity yesterday in a pub. Shame it was second hand anyway

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Hhahaha you make me laff biggo. I am not that confident with teh tuningz, and i'd rather just get it all over and done with so i can get onto driving (and morning sessions!!).

Bad news is - crossley is busy for the next few weeks (holiday), so i gotsta find another tuner :/

^ Clicky clicky!

Name
    Brad
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Hey 70XIN

Really nice car have enjoyed reading the thread of the build. Hope you find someone to tune that bad boy.

As for your rim choice, I have the same car as you in Panda also. I have the Wata's on mine but I like the old school look, the pic in my Avatar is my car. I run 15x9's on the rear, you may have to do something with those pretty gaurds to fit rims of that size...Lol. Keep the pics etc comming and good luck with getting it tuned.

Name
    Grant
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

Hey man, how's the car?

Did you find that all of the exhaust shims needed to be replaced with much larger ones? I ended up having to buy all 8 exhaust shims, and 2 for the intake. It cost me $11 USD per shim. What do you guys pay for shims there?

Dunno if I mentioned it before, but the kelford cams are timed for a silvertop so you will either want an adjustable intake cam gear or buy a modified/modify the cam dowell to correct the timing.

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Haha thanks prime86/brad, those sizes would definitely ruin my pretty guards i'm less concerned about the wheels and paint now, i just want the damn thing to run lol.

Grant, the car is going well (minus finding a tuner). I ended up only being able to use 5 shims (thinner ones from my intake, were then used on the exhaust side). Shims from toyota are ~$20 :| , but a mob called precision shims (thanks dimitri!!) sell identical ones for $9 a shim, so that was less-heart-attack-inducing. You did indeed tell me about the intake cam gear - i'm sure my cam timing it's out even a bit more because of the 7A block/offset-ground lower timing pulley etc etc - one day i might get the patience to work out exactly how far out it really is. I took the opportunity to fit an adjustable exhaust cam gear though, so they should be able to fiddle around with that on the dyno.

^ Clicky clicky!

Page 36 of 59 FirstFirst ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast