Name
    John
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

haha ! thanks guys!

Bad news tho!

This weekend me and my GF holly drove down to collie raceway (3hours south of perth) and enroute, there is a MASSIVE hill , like, takes ~10 mins to get up it and youd go in say high rpm 3rd or 4th to get up it in any car.

Anyway we were convoying, me driving my JZZ20 drift car and her driving this MZ11...... all of a sudden she drops back heaps off the convoy , so i slow down to ask her whats wrong, she yells out the car has no power ?

I asked her to put it in third and attempt to make boost. she did so and it was fine.

Got to the racetrack and the car was sounding horrible. Like missing BADLY and sounding like a really really lumpy SR20 or something ... like dirty as.

Adsport and me checked out the plugs/dizzy etc. and couldnt find an issue. I didnt care at this point as we were down for 2 days of drift ... so thats what was gonna go on. the car still ran, although shit, we could still get home.

I got home after an awful drive home , i got Holly to drive the JZZ20 and i drove the MZ11 to be sure it was drivin' with care and was able to make the 3 hour drive home at 110kph with a miss/ unknowen issue.

Got home, the next day i found that CYL 3 in the 1GGTE was FULL of oil. and was completely missing.

So looks like i have below 100psi pressure in Cyl 3 and a busted piston or oil ring.

Then again this engine has done around 290,000kms, its drivin me accross australia in late 2006, was sold to a friend who fucked with it bigtime with SAFC's and hi flowed CT26's then sold to another guy who molested it and attempted to drift it , in which it caught on fire and melted some shit.

then coming back to me to die.

Im happy to let it go now, its going to toyota/yamaha heaven.

This week i purchased another 1GGTE from KYP in Perth here.

so this weekend Holly , myself and a few others will be replacing the engine. and hopefully having it running by monday.

pics soon
    coFF33.wordpress.com
    ^^^^^^^
    Toyota Love and other junk about my life

ODIN GARAGE CREW est. 2008

Name
    John
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

sup yo!!!

All done !

The engine i bought from KYP was the first Gen1 1GGTE ive ever seen in real life.
    with a Water to Air intercooler mounted on top, and all the weird pipes etc to flow water to it. Along with Gen1 Yellow/Grey injectors and the oldschool looking intake plenum etc.

As the 1G was front sump , im assuming it came out of a Mark II / Chaser GX71 just before they started making the GX81.

We removed cam covers and sump to checkout how fucked parts were as it looked like it had been sitting for a solid 5 - 6 years in the back corner of KYP.

We found the cams COATED in chunky black soot/Carbon due to the oil in the sump evaping or something causing mass blockages in the oil squirters (to the cams ) and oil drain (from the cams)

cleaned all that out best we could then had a look at the sump

Inside the sump was the same black chunky carbon buildup , similar to what youd find in the catch dish from a BBQ after youve cooked like 20 steaks on it.

None the less, a whole lotta cleaning and dismantling on friday night we managed to get it into a state in which it "might" run well after sitting for 6 years lol

anyway

In one day Adsport + Myself + my mate jay + My GF Holly all helping remove the engine

Adsport removed loom, throttle body injectors etc... and slumped it over the fender/windscreen

we removed the engine and gearbox all as one.

Whilst out , swapped over the CT26 + mani + intake + injectors + throttlebody + engine mounts + dump etc

all to the Gen2 engine

So the ECU (Gen 3) should run true with the Green Gen 3 injectors etc...

started it saturday night

Drove it on sunday out the garage and down teh street , babying it best i could, as the CT26 doesnt come on boost till ~3.2k rpm anyway , so i didnt apply positive pressure to the engine but i will once its had some warm ups and cool downs .

The only thing we didnt swap over during the conversion was the Exceedy clutch from the old engine, as there was already a clutch on the engine which had around 50% left,

coFF33.wordpress.com
    ^^^^^^^

Name
    John
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

YOYOYOYOYO

chucked underspoiler on !

Used L shaped 1mm thick alloy brackers i made up and some cable ties! nice and secure (serious)

basically, driving round i find that the temp gauge on the dash moves up to half way (correct temp) and my after market gauge (saber good qual) does not move at all.

Now, after ~5 - 10 mins of driving, all of a sudden my temp after market gauge shoots up to 70 degrees / 80 degrees

at this point i turn the AU falcon fans on (crazy awesome) and leave them on till i turn the car off when i arrive at my destination.

This keeps the temp at 85->90 depending on my driving.

This worrys me as my drift car with a S13 alloy and AU thermos sits at 60 degrees if i leave the thermos on whilst driving, no matter what the outside air temp is.

Another issue, is that even when at temp (middle on dash) and around 82 - 85 on the Saber gauge.... my dash temp ocasionally pops up 1 bar above the centre normal temp. sits there for about 40sec - 1 min and then pops back down to normal middle temp.

i dont know if this is due to the dash being for a 5MGE read out and is instead connected to a 1GGTE sensor on the thermostat housing. or if i have an issue?

so i invested in a 4AGE thermostat 82'deg.

and im gonna pop that in over the weekend and bleed the system for a solid 30 mins till i KNOW FOR SURE there are no air bubbles in it. and test for the next week,.

Anyway heres some pics:

coFF33.wordpress.com
    ^^^^^^^

Name
    John
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got the 15x10s on yesterday, managed to "flame on" some 195/60/R15 .... Matt said to go 205/65 , but i need that extra bit of stretch to get the tread to sit under the flare arch ....

Bit mexican , and because my fender arches arnt in the best condition.. ie. bit of rust n bog. i cant smash them out to flare them over. so MattAE86's idea is looking to be the go (KE70 front arches welded on) or else some small fibreglass bolt ons from japan ... Illminded/Johnzoku , if you guys spot any smaller than 50mm/60mm 240z ones.. let me know!

anyway... a pic

coFF33.wordpress.com
    ^^^^^^^

Name
    John
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

Also , ive got the 15x8 -4's coming from AJPS, i think they were posted Nov 8th .... (yesterday) so will be waiting a fair while..... at the moment its miss matched with my housemates AE86 15x7 +5 gold meshies
    and teh 15x10 silver superlites on the rear....
    coFF33.wordpress.com
    ^^^^^^^

Name
    David
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Not posted yet...but I will keep you 'posted'

Looking real real good!

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

seeeeeeeex, love it mang, i've completely found a new love for 80's toyota that aren't of the 86 or ke variety haha

Name
    Matt
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I said use 205/60 cause i had a pair there. Peferably you'd want to use 205/55. Also wheels aren't posted.

Veteran
    Name
    Aaron
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

not much stretch on a 10J wheel really^^

Name
    John
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

could go 195/55/R15 or even 50 profile
    but again, this isnt the USA or Japan
    its austfailia, and this is my daily drive.
    and we have cops that suck on huge cocks all day long.
    coFF33.wordpress.com
    ^^^^^^^

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast