Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I don't have a witty name for this yet...

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Cheers Lads, I was hoping to be there too, really not happy missing the show, but shit happens.

It will be back on the road Very Soon...
    ...Low Is a Lifestyle...

Any car so nice you can't drive it in the rain.. is too damn nice to enjoy

I used to play sports... Then i realized you could buy trophies... Now im good at Everything!

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Its alive! (again....)

Last night was the last step in the engine reassembly, and the start of another time lapse! There is a time lapse of the engine going into the car... heres a snapshot of the process...

There's always one clown...

A short time later and the car is off the hoist, a couple of quick laps up and down the driveway with some minor clutch and throttle adjustments, and it ends up here...

All that's left now, is finding some 12v headlight globes to replace the 6v ones, and working out how the fuck we are going to put seatbelts in the car. I've always been a bit of a rebel... but i gotta have seatbelts in this car! (Wish i never sold that 4 point harness i had....).

The tyre that got the puncture on my way to Day of here, is rooted... the 100m i had to crawl to get to the servo, destroyed it. So i have some spare wider, lower profile rubber going on, but I dont want to run that indefinitely, the car is just too low for the $$$ spent on the engine to run a lower profile rubber on the rear.
    ...Low Is a Lifestyle...

I used to play sports... Then i realized you could buy trophies... Now im good at Everything!

Name
    Brenton
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

what pipes are you going to run on this thing, i done some work on a beetle last year and put that same looking alternator/carrier/oil filler on we put these stainless extractors and it sounded really good strong and raspy looks like this thing is getting there to goodluck
    adm ae86 now one hell of a project
    ae71 small project

Name
    Simon
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Awesome car, will follow this thread now. Nice to see some quality pics, they basically told the story for me

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

It's running an off the shelf EMPI header and muffler setup, can't beat the off the shelf stuff for a build like this. These engines LOVE back pressure, like a 2 stroke Motorbike. I've had custom exhausts done before, and you can never get them exactly right without a lot of stuffing around, so off the shelf fitted this build perfectly, quality is A1 and the price was awesome. Alternator stand, oil filler is a standard thing on this type of motor, simple and very effective.

Cheers GOT-20V... Photography is another of those things I indulge in and spend too much money on!

The car is home now, and ready for some driving duties. No speedo means im careful on the throttle, and the engine needs another week of running in before we really start to give it some beans. But its a tourqy motor, and really wants to get up and go! Once i replace the steering box and get rid of the bad wandering, Ill start to give it some beans and enjoy the money spent. Until then, ill putt around trying to fly under the radar!

I sourced some custom 12v halogen globes for the car late last week, and managed to get some 4 point harnesses to run in the car so I dont need to modify the body at all.

I plan on taking some nice pics of the finished product on Friday when I go for a cruise with a few mates in some aircooled cool.

I have also settled on a Colour for the car later this year, needs a few mods before we paint it, but it should look Schmick!
    ...Low Is a Lifestyle...

Name
    Nick
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Bit of inspiration for you!!

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways ~ Beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming ?WOO HOO - What a Ride

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Saw that not long after he uploaded it... Man has talent!

I can get mine that low, but with a Hypo motor in it, It wont go that low. I dont want to rip the bottom of the engine out!

The car is being de-registered and taken off driving duties, I've done my ACL in my left knee and cant drive!
    ...Low Is a Lifestyle...

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Just realised this thread missed the last update...

Borrowed some 4 point harnesses, will end up buying them when im working again, and got one in, havn't had a chance to put the other one in yet...

Went for a cruise on good Friday and found a few small issues, but that's why we cruised! Just more teething issues with a new motor.

Few pics though!

Snowflakes bitches!

Was great to cruise with the 3 VERY different cars. The oval is a 200hp monster, quick thing, the 58 is a stocker 1600 lowered a little, just a nice cruiser... And mine... well... you tell me!
    ...Low Is a Lifestyle...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3