Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Skyline Brakes on AE86, will they fit in 15 rims?

Name
    Aaron
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I run 32 gtst calipers on 91 mr2 turbo rotors (280ish mm from memory). They fit under my 15s fine. I used custom backing spacers to set the mounting face in the factory location, skimmed off the nissan caliper lettering to clear my particular rims (just worked out) and custom caliper brackets obviously. However, this did lead to my ball joints rubbing against the inside of my rotors. Solved with smaller ball joints and rcas.
    Last edited by aaron; 7th December 2010 at 01:10 AM.
    83' 4AGTE Hachi - 335whp @ 22psi on United E85.
    Never ending build...

Name
    Derek
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I have a SS Works kit on my sprinter... Uses R32 4pot Calipers from memory (I bought it 2nd hand so dont have all the info about em).
    They fit under most 15" rims, however there are a few that are tight... I'm using SSR MK3s atm and needed a 10mm slip on spacer to clear the brakes.

And as to the question of 16" rims, I used to have 16" Buddyclub P1s and didn't do any suspension/body mods to make em fit, car was pretty low, too...

Name
    Akio
    State
    Other
    Country
    Japan

im interstater, and i can attest to how much of a barstid mallala is on brakes! granted it was only the micra, and i was taking it very easy on the brakes and it was still hard on them. the definately felt a bit spongy the next couple of days...

Name
    Beau
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

15" wheels do clear, i use a 12" x 1.25" wilwood rotor and R32 gtr calipers on my car, i did need a wheel spacer to clear the back of the wheels but it still worked, and worked very well.

I think the biggest problem here is that when people are doing these brake swaps no one or very few at least are upgrading the master cylinder's, it took me three goes to get the correct size to use the brakes to the full potential. After that the braking performance was amazing. I can see what some of you mean when you say it's not necessary to run 4 spot calipers on an 86 non turbo 90kw monster, and sure there are other far cheaper and easier brake mods to do before this much of an upgrade should be considered. But i like over kill, but only if it's done right.

that said my old front brake setup, is for sale, complete bolt on package. pm me for details.

Selling due to BIGGER brake package being fitted to lightweight car

Name
    -
    State
    -
    Country
    -

Been looking at CR-01s...Reckon the 'big caliper' face would fit R33 GTS-T brakes (on Nissan hubs/rotors)?

Name
    Brendon
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I agree with MAGIC MAN, since you're buying R33 GTS-T calipers etc, why not buy the master cylinder and brake booster while you're at it. It is a direct bolt on to the 86 firewall as i am running it on mine. It does make space very tight but you can stop on a 5c piece with little pressure at all.

15" rims will clear but you need to have a hub thickness greater than 35mm for clearance between calipers and back of spokes.
    Last edited by AE86 Spoontah; 6th June 2011 at 09:57 PM.

Name
    Cameron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

that would be nice but i personally cant fit a brake booster in the engine bay...

Name
    -
    State
    -
    Country
    -

FWIW I think we tried a HR31 1" master on an AE86 and it fitted - Someone might have to confirm, my memory is borked - probably no need to change booster. Same as R32 Turbo non-ABS.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4