Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Building a 7age.

Name
    Adrian
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Actually, have a feeling i have both a 7afe and 4ac flywheel so should be good.
    Also whats the easiest way to get in touch with this bazda bloke for the modified gear?

Name
    Grant
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

Seamus, thanks for throwing us tips!

I bought my gear from Barry (Bazda) as well after 7oxin pointed me in his direction.

Barry has a website, if you guys can't find it send me a PM and I'll give you his email address. Please google a bit first though.

Name
    James
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

sweet thanks

Name
    Adrian
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

found his trademe profile, so ill just contact him through that when i need to

EDIT: found his site, heres a link for the modified gear:
    Last edited by Seventy; 14th March 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

everyone doing the 7age 20v please don't waste your time re cutting the keyway on your cranks gear instead use a set of adjustable gears and a Peugeot 205 gti timing belt then you don't need to recut the gear everything remains stock trust me we do many 20v 7ages a year and we don't recut anything

cheers
    mat
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

BT20v is making 300rwkw like i said i would without nitrous so now its time for some spray and see if she will run a 10s or less

Ok
    Name
    Seamus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Most people on here are not confident/capable enough to properly work out their cam timing. Most will also not want to fork out for a good dial indicator.

The recut keyway costs half that of a good set of cam gears, and is completely idiot-proof sooo ... no offence, but that's bad advice.
    4AGE & 7AGE Forged Connecting Rods - Lightweight Flywheels - And Much More

^ Clicky clicky!

Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

well there isn't a need for adjustable gears but they where a suggestion and if most people aren't confident/capable of setting up cam timing why are they building a hybrid 7a 20v or a 7age in general my advice was hardly bad it was simply letting people know there is an easier option to getting a 7a 20v to time up correctly without re cutting keyways but rather using a correct belt with the 205 gti belt all you do is line up the dots is that not idiot proof?
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

BT20v is making 300rwkw like i said i would without nitrous so now its time for some spray and see if she will run a 10s or less

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I don't think many people know that the 205 gti belt lines up correctly, what head is that using mat? I've been researching 7age's for about 6 months to be honest and there is allot of "wrong" information out there.

Everyone seams to think this bazda guy is a god for getting 300kw, but he has blown his engine since getting those numbers and the last dyno day he went to, he barely got over 200kw atw.

Living in the past that kiwi fella is

Name
    Mathew
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

turbo or na but this is for the 20v head on the 7afe bottomend the Porsche belt is for the 16v head my bosses 20v blacktop made 240 rwhp as an na and has never blown it we have also built many for the series my boss used to run in but this is fact and is well known in the clubman world
    the dyno pull to 300rwkw

Name
    Lindsay
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i have a peugeot belt on a 16v. you have to put the belt on, then the pulley, then put the bolt in. its not long enough to put the pulley on first then slip the belt on after.

the Porsche one would be a better fit but it can be done.

and to the idiot that told me that a 3tc fly works on a 7a crank with out any mods. your a fuckin nob!

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast