Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Building a 7age.

Name
    andrew
    State
    WA
    Country
    australia

whats the average power/ torque , one of these 7age's make ? just curious. i doubt id ever build a n/a 4 banger. im just wondering what increase of tq/hp is.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Its not 100% accurate but 7a bottom end adds approx .5 compression to any 16v / 20v combination....
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

^^^ There abouts anyways..

ae111 pistons are 11.5:1 standard and think Sam Q calculated just over 12:1 with a standard thickness

Name
    Barry
    State
    Auckland
    Country
    New Zealand

Some good info on this forum.
    Great to see lots of guys building these great engines!

Just flicking a few pages back I see people were talking about the engine timing being out to the cam timing.
    Here are some pics I took with a degree wheel. Degree wheel was set at TDC before the cam belt was installed.
    4age 16v sprocket. oil pump cover, 20v head and 16v 4age cam belt.

Cam gears lined up:

Crank position:

When the engine is at TDC the cams are 5 deg retarded.
    So the sprocket is 1 easy way to fix it by re cutting the key, or running cam gears. If your going to run cam gears then there isnt the need to re cut the spocket unless you want the cam gear marks to be correct.

Also for those running power steering on FWD models this is what we did to locate the 3rd bolt hole:

Also a bit of mis-information about me and referral to god of 7a. Im not the god of 7a, I dont have the most powerful 7a engine . I never said I did. But some people tend to think thats what I think....?
    All my results are based on a OEM 20v head with no work what so ever. If you tinkle with the head there is a whole lot more power to be found.
    Since my engine failure 3 years ago melting a piston (due to short in elec boost controller running 33psi) I hadn't had much time or $ to fix the car up. Thats what you get when you get married, but a house and have kids lol.
    When I got it all sorted we stuck a smaller turbo (for track use) on made full boost by 3800rpm and got 303kw @ 22psi. Should be hitting the track in a few months time! yay!

The most i've had on the dyno with this setup (7afe block, forged pistons and stock 20v head with uprated valve springs) is 340kw atw on 26psi all on 98pump gas. We were aiming for 30psi but the engine created a miss fire. Later to find the ECU was faulty.

If we can make that power any one here can do the same with the right supporting mods
    Our next build which is currently being done is a 1.9L N/A version with some crazy crazy mods. Hoping to make 280hp+.
    Current: AE92 7agte 340kw atw 10.88@130mph
    New Project: AE86 N3 Spec 9age 280hp+
    --MRP--

Name
    Pat
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

good to hear your still at it baz!
    RIP Carly - a smile to light the world.
    06/07/2011

Name
    Chris
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I noticed a few people running stock ecu's with their 7age builds so are they actually driveable or is their issues with power loss and stalling?

I'm curious to know if I can drive around with the stock ecu and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for time being until I get an Adaptronic fitted. I'm in the process of doing a 7age 20v in my AE111 using the BT head. I'm just in the final stages or preparation and getting parts at the moment.

Veteran
    Name
    John
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

both robo and seamus ran stock ecu's....eventually seamus moved onto an adaptronic due to the larger cams he was running causing some issues i believe

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

what compression ratio would standard 7afe pistons, 4agze pistons be with 4age 16v head?

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Pending on which gze pistons you run.... Do you mean 7afe rods?

Would be approx .5 higher than a standard gze.

I ran my silvertop 7age20v on a stock blacktop ecu without issues... the .2l extra displacement is SFA and doesn't affect a/f ratios too much.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Ash
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

I run ae111 oem ecu on mine and it loves it with cop's as well, spread it on
    GhettoGarage.org

Quote Originally Posted by mild seven View Post
    i cant stand "JDM faggots" (people outside of japan who are MORE JDM than people in japan)

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast