Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Building a 7age.

Name
    Chris
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Cool good to know so I can just up the fuel pressure with the adjustable regulator until I find the sweet spot and just cruise around with the blacktop ecu without dramas until I save up for the adaptronic e420d. I know the 20v injectors would be adequate to keep for now but when would it be ideal to change them to higher ones?
    I figure if I were to go with aggressive cams over 272 duration it might need new injectors but I'm just using Tomei Poncams with 264/256 duration and some some general head work and compression around the 12.0:1 mark.

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

well im planning on building a turbo 7age. Just low compression and what would hold up to high boost.

Name
    Doman
    State
    Pest
    Country
    Hungary

Good thread here, I've read the whole thing, I got a little smarter. I have an AE86 with AE92 smallport engine, TechnoToyTuning ITB adapter, AE111 45mm ITBs, 272/8,1 HKS cams with HKS springs, TRD USA 4-1 copy header, and megasquirt ECU.

I've bought now a nice 7A engine, all look pretty good, the cylinder hone, the bearings, etc. I want to make little more power out of my old engine.

I plan on using silvertop pistons ( I have a set on the shelf) as they are stronger (with the drilled oil return ring pits), lighter and have higher CR than the smallport ones.

I have a serious question. Is there anyone who have teared a stock 7A conrod?? I'd like/plan to use it as it is. If anyone says his engine was blown because of the stock conrod I'll buy an aftermarket set.

Also I'd like to ask you all about the timing belt. I've read Porsche 944 - 1986 and Peugeot 205 GTi aswell.

Which one is good/better? Am I right that the peugeot is shorter and is for the 20V heads?

The shop where I can buy them has 2,5 - 2,7 and 3l porsche 944, and 1,6 - 1,9 205 GTi Peugeot. which one to use? the T107 is enaug for the porsche belt and BT111 for the peugeot belt? these are the codes I need?
    Last edited by zdoman; 26th February 2014 at 09:58 AM.

Name
    Ron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I'm using the Porsche 944 belt on my bigport 7age. From memory it's the 117 tooth belt. Not sure of the part number though. I can check for you later tonight.

Name
    Ron
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

This is the belt I'm using
    7age (16v head) - Porche 944/924S dayco #95107 117tooth
    Hope this helps.

Noooob
    Name
    Matt
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I built one with stock conrods and it was ok, but for the extra $300 odd for after market rods it isn't too much to invest in if you are worried.
    Ae86 Drivingclub - Toyota AE86 Car Club where AE86 | KE70 | Toyota 86 / GT86 | Subaru BRZ | Scion FRS owners

Name
    Chee
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

I've been looking into building one of these and am wondering what type of rod to stroke ratios are people ending up with?
    From what i can gather those with the J-Works rods end up with a ratio of close to 1.5 (since they are similar to speedracers) and does this in any way affect the nature of the engine?
    As I plan to build a 7AGE which retains the rev happy nature of the 4A.

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Being larger displacement it will be more torquey and not as much for a 4ag style revvy motor, i have whitnessed this from many 7ag builds, it's just the nature of gaining capacity

Name
    Chee
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

So with aftermarket rods it will have the capability to rev to 7-8k more reliably then the stock 7A rods however it will feel less eager to do so?
    I'm currently drawing up plans for my engine build and am looking at the different avenues. I've come to the fork of either 5A or 7A but from what you've said they're both going to behave like a 4A?

Name
    Ben
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Well the motor will most likely be making its power a bit lower in the rev range than a 4ag due to the larger capacity, and there is no point revving an engine to 8000rpm if it's power curve dropped off at 7500rpm

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast