Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SP tools?

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i use a combination of kctools stuff due to sponsorship and gedore tools i have bought previously. I have used sp tools at my last tools for a long time and that non bevel edge gets pretty annoying. Like you have to have the thing almost perfectly inline for it to slip on, and the edge is pretty sharp, a guy at work got a pretty bad cut from them a few times when he was quickly undoing something.
    Their screwdrivers are pretty botch too, everything else they make is somewhere above average.

If I was going to buy budget tools, would not go past superworks gold from super cheap auto, seriously good tools for the money, other than that I get tools supplied.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Andy
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

i have a couple of SP socket sets and i am very happy with them,

also if you want 1/4 drive 12 point sockets SP are the only company that makes them.

(very useful for re-tensioning head bolts on a 4age with the cams still in place)
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by slide86 View Post
    I will however take take the water from the washer bottle posted to a boat in the southern pacific....express please

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

KC tools are average at best. SP isn't that much better. Look to Repco / TTI if you want to get a good amount of gear out of your voucher.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    Ryan
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

he means king chrome, kc tools arnt all from the same people, you might have had a product that was from a bad supplier, they dont actually produce any of their own tools, but they do have some quality items in there.
    wheelfriends.wordpress.com

Name
    Marcus
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

yeah iv got 70% sp in my toolbox at work. can't complain about them. iv had to buy sidchrome spark plug sockets but because apparently sp hasn't realed magnetic ones. just the ones with rubber in them and they didn't last a full set of commodore plugs lol.
    other than that they seempreety good. i had a meter bit of exhaust tube hanging off my 3/8th ratchet the other day simply cus i couldn't b "f'd" going all the way to my box and swapping to 1/2 inch. and surprisingly nothing shattered. :p

so yeah all in all they are good quality gear. and their rollcabs are brilliant. but the black ones thefingerprints show up on so a bit of window cleaner solves that when u want it to be preety

edit: my set of sp ring spanners do have the beveled edge on them. but iv got powerbuilt ring opens. figured i'd buy them untill i break one then ill buy quality and use them as modificational spanners. unfortunately i haven't broken one yet
    Last edited by Marco; 22nd February 2009 at 08:04 AM.

Name
    A
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Have mostly TTI and abit of snapon.
    Happy with all the Snapon gear, ratchet spanners, sparkplug socket, 3/8 ratchet.
    TTI stuff is good quality/value.
    Did break all there racthet sapnners though, so steer clear.
    And Sidchrome speed braces are absolute shit,
    just from undoing undertray bolts i have somehow broken 2!

Name
    Nick
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

i know aye. every now and then ill give it a clean to kill some time, by the next afternoon it will have coolant splattered all over it or something and its like fffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Name
    Josho
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I've only managed to break a screwdriver so far.
    You can have any brew you want... as long as it's a Datsun / Corolla / What is that?

Name
    Luke
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Bought a set of sp spanners today, and used them alllll day with no worries. still havent got my voucher but i couldn't wait so ive decided to buy all different brands of tools instead of the one big kit. still a bit sceptical on the bevel-less end, but im sure i'll get used to it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2