Name
    Sam
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

how much is it?

iv been told the new surface is really really slippery
    Last edited by stx-16; 24th January 2012 at 02:38 PM.
    you play halo?
    add me GT: samnbhnc

Name
    Craig
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

it was $145 last year for street meets
    plus $55 for a 12 month assa lic.
    4agte KE70 263.6whp

QR Sprint Circuit 1:02.9
    QR Sprint Circuit 60.7 (turbo)
    QR Clubman Circuit 1:06.41 (first outing NA)
    QR Clubman Circuit 1:02.77 (turbo)

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/fo...ustom-Stickers
    full colour windscreen banners from $45!

Name
    Jack
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Stx - I wouldnt say its slippery... however it was raining on the day i went, so it started out VERY slippery... and improved throughout the day... there's still patches of wet tarmac (not on the racing line) on my 57s lap.... plus my front tyres are pretty shagged... i honestly reckon theres easy 56s with new tyres on a good day...

mrbigport - 835kgs..... wow... thats friggin light... and 300whp... if ur suspension and tyres are sorted.... you should be clocking some amazing times..~!! what tyres are you gonna run btw?

Name
    Craig
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

I'm running 13x7 a048's they're about 40-50 laps old now but seem to be holding up pretty good...suspension is geting pretty much on the money...could do to be a lil softer in the springs and a lil more control out of the shocks would be nice...but the whole setup should really agree with a smoother less bumpy track.

Anything special I should know about running a sub 60?
    4agte KE70 263.6whp

Name
    Jack
    State
    QLD
    Country

Theres nothing special about running under 60s... a smooth clean lap will do it... most people tackle the slower corners pretty good (since we're doing it all day long on the roads), good time can be made on the high speed corners (1 & 2).

One thing i can say, about 30sec after you realised you've run a 59... u'll be thinking about a 58...lol....

Also, u wont need softer springs i reckon... the new smoother track likes harder springs....

13x7 is a bit small.... esp for 300whp... i think u'll need bigger rubber... or uber smooth throttle control on exits....

Name
    Craig
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

If you Google/YouTube search 4agte ke70 June sprints you can see my last decent video...I think I ran a 60.7 with 204whp..thoughts?
    4agte KE70 263.6whp

Name
    Jack
    State
    QLD
    Country

Hey bigport, I had a look at your vid, assuming ur clip is the one with the screamer hanging out the bonnet...

Firstly, I'm no pro myself, so what i say is my opinion only... so dont take it too seriously...

Can't see your steering wheel movement, but clearly you've got good control at the limit, you dont let the car get too outta shape and loose time. Good!

T1 & 2 Good speed, can take a wider line and use the whole track width(entry and exit)... brake earlier (10m) use the extra 10m to balance car with trail braking... ur car will be more balanced through the turn and u can get on throttle earlier.
    T3 (r) brake earlier (as above)...makesure you dont float right before you turn in, turn in from the very left. take a later apex... by about a meter or 2... you will exit closer to the right.
    T4 (l) because you are closer to the right at turn in, turn in slightly later and aim for later apex again... you will find that you'll be able to get on the throttle earlier and more room on the exit.

T5 (r) similar to T3, dont float right before turn in... start from far left... again aim for later apex...
    T6 (l) slightly later apex again... ur exit is important here... think about setting up for max corner exit for T7
    T7 (r) last right turn before the main straight... probably the most important corner... make sure u late apex here!! and use the full track on exit...

if u have a look at my clip, at first it seems i'm hugging the inside for last corner, but i'm actually taking a shallow late apex line, the car is about half a meter to the curb at the natural apex and the line tightens to a late apex. Again, this is for maximum corner exit. Sacrafice a couple kph at apex for 1 extra kph corner exit and ur on a winner...

in short... use full track width, esp at turn in. brake slightly earlier and trail brake for more balance, take a later apex for more corner exit speed. smoother throttle control on the corner exits....

hope that helps... very similar story to what paul stokell told me a few months back....
    Last edited by Funkdoc; 26th January 2012 at 01:21 AM.

Name
    Jack
    State
    QLD
    Country

Heres the full version in much better quality.... Windows movie maker really messes up the quality when i edit the video....

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15