Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The other one. '78 Chrysler Scorpion.

Veteran
    Name
    Josh
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

So the 6500rpm 2.0 screamer ( ) I have for this got a new head gasket and bolts yesterday. It will be going in either tomorrow or Thursday, as I'm playing with shed trusses and phosphoric acid today.
    Springs shall be chopped on the weekend, and I have a set of 13x6 +12ish steelies I might chuck on for lolz

Veteran
    Name
    Josh
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Going ahead with this one now, the other one shall be parts. I'm dead serious this time.
    First thing will be to get my wheels onto this (I have this thing where I can't see a car as being priority one unless I have my wheels on it, weird but meh) and get it somewhere I can work on it. Engine bay's full of dust, so I need to hose it out asap.

To do list for rego:
    -put my wheels on
    -clean up flywheel
    -change throwout and spigot bearings
    -bolt 2L in
    -clean up the interior (wirings trashed and it's dirty as hell)

Starting next weekend. Tafe all week this week.

Veteran
    Name
    Josh
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I hate my iPod. Safari keeps slowing right up and crashing right after I'm finished typing out this post, losing everything. Fail.

Anyway, started this w/end as promised. Was hell busy with other, more important things though, so didn't get anything major done.
    My interior looks like an interior again, I put it all back together this afternoon. The dash is megafucked though, warped to the shithouse with more crack than a party at Charlie Sheen's house. Hacked the upwardly mobile warped bits off and covered it over with a dashmat. Also had to hack a piece off it where the glovebox screws to the dash frame, as the dashpad had warped over the screwholes.
    Anyway, it's pretty much done inside. Needs a fixed back, harness, a blanking plate for the radio/8-track holes in the console and my sportpack wheel and it'll be finished.
    Anyway, a pictorial diary of what I got done in the hour I've had free over the last couple days:
    Because we all know pics are rad
    Inside after dashmat and reassembly. Needs a really, really good clean

Current pics of the car itself:

This is pretty busted:

Good thing I have this

Original grille, note the dicky Supercrap foglight:

Replaced that with a GH grille, minus the grille part as I'm not currently sure where it is:

Dinged rear bar, minor panel damage as well:

Rad fender badge, much cooler than the "2.6" on the later cars :

I have yet to start on cleaning the engine bay out, it's filthy. 3 years worth of dust, will be fun getting it all

Veteran
    Name
    Josh
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

So it's exactly the same as it was last time I posted in here. Haven't been out to work on the blue car, and until the blue car's reliable/low/loud/wide/sliding this is on the backburner.
    But anyway.
    Plans are:
    -Fix rust, respray (most likely VN Arctic White because it's cheap as piss)
    -Worked 2L (Dual 32/36's on factory 2000GSR manifold, stage 3 cam, porting, balanced bottom end, no balance shafts, shave the head 0.5mm to bump it up to ~10:1 comp, extractors, 2.25" under diff exhaust)
    -14x7 +0, 185/60's (f), 14x8 -10, 195/60's (r)
    -9kg coilovers w/ST165 inserts, KE70 camber tops (f), 7kg springs with Magna wagon shocks (r), <100mm ground clearance
    -Overhaul the stock brakes, slotted rotors, decent pads
    -Rebuild the factory diff, maybe with a factory 4.46:1 LSD if I can find one that isn't going to cost both legs, both arms and my left nut
    -Delete bumper overriders, restore the factory grille, front lip, MAYBE a hako-style rear wing
    -grey interior (from the parts car), fixed-back drivers seat, Starion passenger seat, sportpack tiller,
    -Original AM/FM radio w/8-track player, CD player in glovebox, decent 6" speakers under factory covers in factory locations, decent 4" dash speaker
    etc etc.

Veteran
    Name
    Josh
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

This is proper ratshit now, sadly. It's donated it's front guards/guard blinkers, gearbox and engine to the blue car, will likely donate a few other bits as well then be stripped and sold off for parts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2