Thread: My ae86

Name
    Tim
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Well another small update I guess.

It's taken a few weeks to get all the insurance stuff sorted but finally the insurance company assessed the car and declared it a write off. So I got the agreed value of the car and I purchased the wreck back for 750 bucks (win!). The insurance company has also said that the car does not need to go through regency to be registered again so that is another bonus!

So hopefully over the next few weeks/months I will be updating this page with parts I shall be purchasing to fix and upgrade the car. I have a bit of money saved up from my own personal savings and cash left over from the insurance payout

Name
    Marco
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

4age!!

Name
    Tim
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Hopefully! Will update about it within the next week or two hopefully

Name
    Tim
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Alright another update. I had enough money saved up to do a 20v blacktop conversion but a red 86 rolling shell popped up for sale in Adelaide and I figured it would be a wise idea to buy it for spares, etc...(Will make a thread when I take some of my own photos)

So the plans for now with my left over money from savings and insurance is to put a smallport in it. Hopefully with an aftermarket ECU too if I can afford it .

Hopefully things will finally get started. Just looking for an engine now

Name
    Tim
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Mkay well another update! This should hopefully be back on the road by next week. However it will be kept stock and the only thing I will be changing will be the wheels when I get a nice set.

I was going to do an engine swap in this but it's already a runner and the red one isn't running so I am going to get that one running now...I did just purchase a bare JDM 86 halfcut with all the shit I need for the red one so it's all happening sooner or later Big thanks to Jay from Buddyparts for hooking me up!

So the plans are:
    Get this one back on the road, get a nice set of wheels and daily it until the red one has been restored to it's former glory. Once the red one is running and on the road this one will be kept in storage and in the future when I am working fulltime I may consider turning it into a track car or something....who knows yet?

Here are some newer pictures!

Name
    Tim
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Well this car is pretty much finished now. I got some SSR Reversable mesh for it and they are now on. It needs to be lower but I am keeping it how it is and all my money will be going towards getting the red one on the road. Will do a decent update in the thread soon. Also rather keep everything else completely stock...can't afford a defect! Here are some final pics on how it looks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5