Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: RacerMelbs AE86

Name
    Chris
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

i'll clean my room often if you wanna adopt me, looks sick man, i'm sure it's gonna be sick

Senior Member Medwin_3sGTE_AE86's Avatar
    Name
    Bendyaumum
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Love the simplicity yet stunning result.

Definately the way to teach the young bloke some appreciation for the car. I saw what happens when kids dont have to work for their possessions (went to the only private high school within a 100km radius) when everyone started getting brand new cars for their P's, amoungst all the new Foresters, Commodores and Focus's, my 1989 Celica that I worked my arse off was the tidiest car in that car park.
    Last edited by Medwin_3sGTE_AE86; 22nd April 2009 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Correction

Name
    Jon
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Hey Jesse, your beast is looking sensational, work of art, huge credit to you, I just hope this new one I am building can be half as good as yours, I am looking for some parts for it and see you are making some parts for AE86's, might have to order some off you.

PM sent

Cheers
    Jon
    Last edited by RacerMelb; 20th April 2009 at 11:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Name
    Dom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

What was the cause of the odd paint on the guard?
    Darker pannel as base, different paint, painted seperate???
    Most people wont notice....
    The Track Car Build: Indigo
    The Street Car Build: Street Build
    A Heap Of For Sale: The Heap

Name
    Dim
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Replacement guard from accident damage.

Name
    Jon
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Default re

The reason for the paint difference it as in the post above, yes replacement guard, but also spray can special, yep straight off the rack from Autobahn and onto the guard, a bit of a sad effort for a Business manager of one of the worlds largest paint companies!!!!...lol

Hence the reason for the specailised paint job that will be done.

Name
    Dom
    State
    WA
    Country
    Australia

HAHAAH! That's pretty bad.
    ...but your a man with a plan. I look forward to see what you come up with.
    The Track Car Build: Indigo
    The Street Car Build: Street Build
    A Heap Of For Sale: The Heap

Name
    Jake
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

lol the adoption line must be massive at this point.

Love the car should be an awesome build. Are you going to get this engineered?

Name
    Jon
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

LOL.....yes there have been a few contenders

The plan is to do it all by the book, I am currently getting the car registered as it is so we can get out and enjoy it as it is whilst we are getting the body side organised, then the engine conversion will comence.

Cheers
    Jon

Name
    Jon
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Well after a lenghty delay i finaly got some time to do some work on the car, that being in the form of the first test drive, to say it was bad is an understatement, so whilst I was out I found some one to do a wheel agling as the first point of getting some balance back in the car, I was recommended to go and see the guys from Computer Align in Metropolitan Street Nunawading (along side Bunnings on Moroondah Hwy) I turned up unannounced just prior to him closing on Sat afternoon, and have to say, he bent over backwards to help me out, they have the most amazing set up I have ever seen, I can not reccomend them enough, 30min and it was set up ready to go, caster, toe, Camber, it drove like a new car!!!

I still have a few issues to finalise such as a few wheel rubing issues and the brakes are still in need of a bit of adjustment, might be a bit of air in the system as it is still taking 2 actions on the pedal for the brakes to feel solid, but that is a minor problem that I will sort in the ensuing weeks.

The car drove and handled (post wheel align) exceptionally well, but I had forgotten just how bad the roads were around the Eastern Suburbs, and driving in my Daily an new Mazda CX9, you dont notice it, but coil overs with 6Kg rear and 8Kg front and sitting on the ground, brings back the reality very quickly
    I will have to reassess the height issue as i am not sure if the shocks are working in their optimum efficency range, as when itn was thrown hard into a rough corner, it was to eager to break traction, rather than follow the contour of the road and grip, It may simply be that my expectations of the grip levels of the car might be too high in comparison to the RX7 we race at Targa.

But all in all it was a great feeling to be back in a "real" car again, now for the engine conversion

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast