Thread: single side draft

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Default single side draft

hey guys im pretty new to this, i feel like i should do a bit of a intro. well im chris im 16 and i have just bought my first car. its a ke70 panel van. im slowly doing it up and rebuilding the engine. now it has twin side drafts on it at the moment. one is totally screwed. i can make one good one up out of both though. i want to run a single side draft. couple of reasons for this is i think 2 is just over kill and there is to much unburnt fuel coming through. second with the new P plate laws in adelaide its going to be easier to cover up under a air filter. so im wondering if any one knows any where in adelaide to buy or to get a single side draft manifold made up. im also thinking about going at it my self i can weld and all that, i know it would be hard but im wondering how hard? also its for a 4k-c. please go easy on me haha
    thanks chris

Name
    Dylan
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

I don't think i've ever seen a single sidedraft manifold for the 4K, will be quite difficult to make aswell to get the 4 inlets to merge into 2. With the twin sidedrafts set up properly (jetting, etc) it shouldn't be wasting too much unburnt fuel.
    When you say one is totally screwed what is actually wrong with it?

Name
    Rob
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Hi chris
    To answer some of question ,yes they do make a single side manifold for a k engine (redline .com etc etc).If you have twins already set up it would be a backwards step going back to a single set up.

Webers are one of the most rebuildable carbs ever made ,it would have to be really really worn that bad that it could not be refubished.

Try weberperfomance.com.au.good bloke who is very helpful.

rob

Name
    Chris
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

i have solexs the ventura is missing out of one of the throats. i have been told that twin side drafts is over kill for a 1.3lt even with smallest jets( carbie place in adelaide). ive been trying to look for parts for the solexs its nearly impossible. i also want to go single side draft because new laws in south austraila dont allow any modifercations to the engine. single side draft is going to be easyer to get away with. i have looked on redline for one and they dont seem to have any thing for the corollas? thanks guys sorry for late reply