Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 13BT rotary into a Ke70 any tips and help?

as i said im doing it on a budget plus i can get trade or cost price on pretty much most of the stuff. so instead of going all brand new stuff as well. secound hand wreckers for diff either that or just keep welding them up. $200 brakes i will get secound hand maybe an upgrade ae86 or something $300 (the guys with the 13b are running standard ke70 brakes with drums on the rear and that thing drifts alright, maybe not the best but good little fun car.) so cheap coilovers $800 plus some other parts $250. tail shaft $250, surge tank $100, fuel pumps $100. wheels jsut get a few sets of stockeys $200
    i can pick up a decent 13bt engine for under $500 box $250 a cheap ke70 with hardly any rust $1200. tyres secound hand for now. guys im still new to this and ok it may not be absolute art work, but i just want a good cheap fun drift car. there is no need to be going to bet brand new $1000 brakes and stuff.
    so ive added all that up and it comes to $4150 that gives me at least another $950 to spend on other bits and peices maybe a paint job and other parts and upgrades. just keep in mind ill be sourcing mostly secound hand parts this isnt going to be a full on comp race car just a little track car to have fun in. thoughts? ideas. im doing my aprenticeship in mechanics just to let u no and can get alot of stuff fairly cheap. eg. a proper paintjob for 2 slabs and will be doing alot of the work with mates who also in the trade.
    just wants any helpfull coments and ideas.
    i want to try and prove that u can do this fairly cheap if ur smart about it.

Name
    Henry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

Is this your first time modifying a car? Just wondering.

Double your budget when modifying cars, it works out about right.
    RT142 Estate.

AJPS.

Banned
    Name
    James
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

13BT into a KE would be cool. From the people i know and spoken to who have done such conversions i would be budgeting 10k+ for the engine swap, this should get it done properly. It sounds like your cutting corners to save costs. I dont think this is wise, especially with a rotary conversion. Make friends swith a good fabricator. Good luck though and post pics once under way.

Name
    Heath
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

If u are serious about this conversion look out for the actual angle u mount the motor in there at as the series 4 and 5 boxs are quite bulky and wont sit high enough in the trans tunnel to have a std engine crossmember u need to drop the engine xmember or mod the tunnel its a balancing act between the 2 but then u have to look out for rack clearance as well.... Good luck with it...

Name
    turkey
    State
    sa
    Country
    australia

Hey mate im half way thru putting a 13b into my ke, fair bit of work hey. Did have a build thread on old forum but not on this one.

It is a full race monsta port mad 138rwkw with stock modified carby, try making that out of a 4age with change from $10,000. Plus has lightned rotors and houseings, so is a fair bit lighter than 4age.

A lot of modifing if you want to reep the benifits of putting in the rotor. Have to cut tunnel, crossmember, make all new ones. My car will be done in about a week ill throw some pics up.

TUF-086- have you compared a rotary gearbox(there all about the same size) to a toyota gearbox? there not much bigger. and are smaller than a w5#

LOL at paying 1200 for a ke, got first one for free, next for a carton

Aaron

Name
    Richard
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

so your after a nice little track car on a low budget...

Ke70+4age;4agze;sr20det+locker+cut springs+good offset rims and good tyres is probly most important thing when building a car under a low budget...that will be my ideal low budget fun track car

second hand parts is going to make it handle just like how u built it, second hand...its not really called modding >_<

i would rather see you build it correct then just slapping it around...13b in Ke70 is sweet, so why not do it correctly, buy another ke70 and then slap that hoe around ^^
    Last edited by Rice86; 4th March 2009 at 08:36 PM.
    dose

Name
    Heath
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

Um yeah I have looked at them I've got t50 and fc turbo box in my shed and seen every mazda box and a w5x. Fds run like a 9 and half inch clutch std and there Strong! a popular conversion in older mazdas is putting the supra box behind rotors to help with tunnel clearence issues. The biggest and gayest bit about the conversion is that the box on normal motor bolts up very low 1/4 of the box hags below motor but a rotary it bolts up directly in centre then u have sump again. Hence why u have to either drop engine xmember and relocate the rack or mod trans tunnel or a touch of both and if u don't use early rx4 belhousing u have to mount motor towards the front of engine bay. Because the fc fds run bigger flys!!

Name
    Troy
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

hey dude i done the 13bt in my hachi cost me aboout 8grand i done pretty much all the work thats 8grand in parts.
    but dude go injected turbo so much easier.
    i had to open my tunnel abit not much and i got shifter in original position.
    im running series 4 turbo motor fresh build standard. series 5 turbo box r31 skyline diff. its got front mount cooler 3inch exhaust. microtech and the midast touch to tune it vlad ex owner of rotorworx it made 190rwkw on 12psi my injectors maxed out the turbo will make about 220 ruffly atw.

there no such thing as to much power i want more but suspension first. anyquestions pm me ill help you out were ever i can.
    It Aint A Motor If It Aint A Rotor.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2