Haha! Awesome story!

Name
    Stewart
    State
    Queensland
    Country
    Australia

First story.
    Was test driving a mates RX7 while going to get some pizzas.
    Put simply, the car is cop bait, no doubt about it.

Driving through the back streets we get pulled over, a young officer walks up and has a look around the car, then comes up to the window and says
    "Sick... Just Sick." Turns out he is a rotary fan and just wanted to get some ideas for his. My mate (the cars owner) who was riding shotgun was happy to explain a few things.
    Best part was when we said goodbye and were getting in he car to leave, the young officer ran back and said
    "Wait, I was supposed to RBT you."

Second Story.
    My cousin had smashed his AE92 (again), up the back of a commodore.
    So, there was nothing on the front of this car, no bumper, no grill, no head lights (although the wires and bulbs were still there), just a crumpled bonnet and radiator.
    My uncle shows interest in purchasing the car for use of the 4age inside. So, he takes it for a test drive with my dad around the block. Police catch them as they pull back into the driveway and ask why they are driving an non-roadworthy vehicle.
    They explain that it is still registered and everything still works (headlights, indicators, etc) even though there is the slight cosmetic issue.
    Anyway, the officers have him test the headlights, indicators (remember that they are just bulbs on wires hanging out of the front), everything works.
    Rego is still in date.
    Police think for a while, bid us a good day and leave.
    Last edited by Gecko71; 31st March 2012 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Remembered another story

Name
    Matt
    State
    QLD
    Country
    Australia

Got pulled up for speeding on Warrego Highway en route from Toowoomba to Brisbane. The policeman had a red 4wd Magna. Chases me down, pulls me up, accuses me of evading him at 135klm/hr and writes me a ticket for that speed. I ask to see the radar and it reads 112. I ask why he is doing it, and he waves his pen at me and says, well son, your lucky you weren't doing 140 or you wouldn't be able to drive it home. I go, ok so your robbing me. You have a gun on your waist and you are giving me an unjust fine for $400 and 6 points, thats a robbery, plain and simple. I said, "So it looks like we are going to court." He says just try it, I have you on video. I said awesome, lets see it. I sat in his car and watched it, it showed nothing like what he described. In the end I was thrown out of the Police car and he tore off with a big burnout to chase some speeding moto rider that just went by at a good clip.

So he was so dumb and hasty that he wrote my wrong address, despite me having the right one on the back of the license, so the court summons never found me. A year later I get a letter from QLD tpt saying that I have a notice to choose, so 1 point for a year, or 3 months DQ from driving. Im like, but I haven't been to court yet? So I call them and they say I missed my court date. Well of course I did cause the summons was sent to the incorrect address. S I had to prove to them that I had changed it before any of this happened and I did, then they rescheduled the hearing.

I made a video of the piece of road that I was on to confirm the distance I travelled with my cars odometer.

I then applied through FOI to get the transcript of our conversation and the video he made. I used the video to generate the time I needed for my calcs, then it was as simple as S=D/T and I had all the evidence I need to prove that I was averaging 112.5klm/hr whilst overtaking, and not doing anything like the 135klm/hr he booked me for.

So I called the Police Prosecutor, MR Greg Lewis, and made sure he was aware of just how solid my evidence was and he just said yeah sure whatever I guess that youll see in court now wont you.

Well curiosity must have got the better of him, because an hour later I had an extremely polite and friendly Police Prosecutor on the phone, he offered to drop the charge, I said, no dont do that, I was doing 112 so give me the piddly fine for that. I am an honest person so I was happy to take 1 point and $90 fine, since that was the just thing to do. I had the chance to bring the CMC down on the Officer, a bloke called S C Whitet, who was from state traffic. For some stupid reason I declined.

Funnily enough when I went to Roma St Police station to get the FOI papers lodged, I mentioned what was going on to the mellow old silver fox policeman on the front desk. He asked who the officer was, I said S C Whittet, and he said, oh shit OK that makes sense. I said what do you mean, and though he was reluctant to say anything, he said, "look mate, hes a real dick tosser that bloke."

Name
    Kerry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

that is exactly the sort of cop who ruins the image of the police force!

Name
    Mark
    State
    TAS
    Country
    Australia

I had the exact thing happen to me when i was a lot younger and I didn't chase it up.
    I went through a round about onto a highway, it was late at night and there was only one car coming from another direction. I was doing the speed limit and accelerated to the speed limit on the highway. I had been working late a lot so I had started a game of not moving even one km from the speed limit up or down to stop me from getting bored. Anyway I was going over a crest 1 km from the roundabout when I looked in the mirror and saw the car had turned to follow me. Anyway I didn't think anything of it until about 3 kms later when suddenly I had a car riding up my arse. I figured hey well i'm doing the speed limit so f*ck em. Anyway this highway goes into a town so it goes 100 to 80 then 80 to 60 then 60 to 50 in about 200m intervals. Every time I would get to a speed change sign the car would actually accelerate at the back of my car, ride my bumper for a bit then back off only to do it again at the next sign. Finally I turn off onto my road and on come the party lights. I'm fuming that this f-wit tailgating me is a cop.
    Anyway they jump out and I'm like WTF are you pulling me over for? This fat blonde bitch goes you were hooning. I basically laugh in her face and go how the fuck do you figure that? I'm driving a 85 corolla at the speed limit on a highway how is that hooning? So the other cop goes oh well we had to do 120 to catch up to you. So i said yeah but you were a km behind me and we only drove about 3 kms so you must have been doing more than that, either that or I was actually doign less than the speed limit.
    He blinks at me a bit and goes "i'm not arguing with you mate" So I say I'm not arguing with you either mate its simple physics!
    Anyway they go back to their car for a bit and obviously run a check on me cos they come back and the woman starts going on about how i have a history of speeding and I'm not as good a driver as I think I am, to which I replied lady I learnt to drive reversing fully loaded tandem trailers into a shed with a 1978 land cruiser when I was 10, I was driving the same landcruiser around paddocks when i was 6 or 7 and I had to stand on the seat to see through the windscreen, I got my license as early as possible and drove close to 14 hours a week for a year until I got my P's first try, i have never had an accident and have driven everything from large trucks to this corolla, the only thing I have ever done wrong is speed and have a taillight out. You are maybe 2 years older than me so it is highly likely that I have been driving for twice as long as you and have a vastly wider experience.
    At that point she changed tack to "I see this car parked at the beach with all the bogans all the time."
    I was pretty offended by that cos I'm not a bogan and knew the people she was talking about and actually disliked them with a passion. So i asked her what she was trying to say and mentioned it would make for a fascinating statement in court.
    so they buggered off for another five minutes then came and handed me a ticket and went to walk off until I basically got out of my car and told them they couldn't leave till they explained to me what the ticket was for.
    It read "exceeding speed limit by up to 30km/h" didn't specify where or exactly a speed limit. Anyway they told me that I hadn't slowed down quick enough for the speed change signs and I was lucky I didn't get a ticket for all 3 changes. So I was like okay explain when Iwas doing 30 over? She was like when you were in the hundred zone you were doing 110 and went into the 80 zone without slowing down. I told her that I was afraid to slow down as some fuckwit was accelerating at the back of my car, did she have a speed reading of me doing 110? at which point she said I'm not going to talk to you about that if you have a problem take us to court but with your record your fucked anyway.
    Anyway i didn't do anything about it as I actually already had points owing on a fine i hadn't paid and i was going to loose my license anyway.
    But I spoke to a friends father who was the area sergeant at the time and he told me he knew the lady and she is a bitch. He also told me that he didn't fine people within 100m of a speed change and I could get off but the lawyer would cost way more than a ticket so I let it slide.
    A month later a unmarked car was accelerating at the back of my mothers car at the same place where it went from 60 to 50. She pulled over to get out of the way and the un marked car pulled in behind her and tried to give her a ticket. She had hysterics and told them they were forcing people to break the speed limit, and were going to cause accidents. She rang the police to complain about the police hahah and said she was scared because they were trying to intimidate her. My mother is a tall leggy blonde and soon people were coming out of the shops to comfort her cos she was crying. Finally a guy came up and said he saw the police car tailgating her. After a while they gave her a caution and left. She visited the local station and complained to my friends dad, it turns out it was the same bitch cop pulling the same trick and apparently she was transferred to office work hahah.
    Mum still bags me out for not being clever enough to get out of a ticket
    Last edited by Cerby86; 3rd April 2012 at 01:26 AM.
    Launceston = Home of the surprise sodomist!!

Name
    Kerry
    State
    SA
    Country
    Australia

dirty bitch...i would have hammered the brakes at the speed change sign...would be hilarious to see that one explained...particularly if she tries to use camera footage of the incident...hahaha

Name
    Tyrone
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Read through all of these but this one made me laugh the hardest.

I should have a few but none are really worth telling. All were deserved, Like when I lost my license for 18 months, $1000 fine and had mums car impounded for a week for going 150 in a 100 zone down a big hill on the mornington fwy. Twas in an auto ford laser, I don't think it could go any faster unless you drove it off a cliff. Very much deserved and I'm only just now about to get my fulls in July (I'm 23 and got my p's just after I turned 18) only good thing to come from the situation is that I bought my bike (cbr250rr) from the impound yard for cheap cause the family of the previous owner didn't want it.
    But back on topic, I was reamed and I deserved it. Unfortunately I probably didn't learn the lesson they wanted to teach me... thus I'm here, building the car I'm building haha.

Keep 'em coming, some interesting stories here.

Name
    Trung
    State
    VIC
    Country
    Australia

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33zd37o.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	28105

Was driving the JZX100 Chaser to the swimming pool one day when I got pulled over for an RBT.

After the usual license/rego check and RBT, the Sargeant pointed out progressive shift light sitting on the steering column (I just happened to fit it that same day as well -fml).
    "It's a rev counter - I use it for track work ect"
    And what about the racing seat (Bride fixed back)
    "Keeps me in place when racing... At the track!"

At this point his getting abit sus with the replies and takes a walk around the car having a good look at the tyres, brakes (had 4 piston Supra BBK conversion) and then he notices my race car number half scrubbed out in the top corner of the windscreen.

So, you ACTUALLY race, this car?
    "Yeh! I try and keep it legal"
    Alright, seems legit enough..

Handed back my license and away I went, man were my undies brown
    Winton 1.47.8410

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12